Auto topoff ???

Discussion in 'I made this!' started by VT rules, Apr 18, 2006.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Dustin75

Dustin75 Fire Shrimp

Thanks for the responses. The Aquarium RO/DI Solenoid Valve with Float Switch is a little more than I wanted to spend especially when I need two. I think I will try the cheap route first and if it doesn't work out then I'm only out 12 bucks, with shipping.

Thanks,
    Dustin

2. Click Here!

3. Kentanner11

Kentanner11 Coral Banded Shrimp

Cool, let me know if it works>!

4. Dustin75

Dustin75 Fire Shrimp

Sure will, hope to have it going by next weekend if I get some time.

5. Kentanner11

Some one mentioned the RO/Di being hooked up to their tank. DONT DO IT. If something happened like the switch broke or better yet a snail clogged your output after the switch the connection before the switch could blow off and flood your sump causing your salt concentrations to decrease. This sounds all worse case.. but hey better safe than sorry!

6. Dustin75

Dustin75 Fire Shrimp

I got the top off running this last weekend, running it with a mini-jet 606. So far so good. I opted for the "snail guard" (plastic container) and the tubing adapter to keep the water off the wires. Not the prettiest but effective.

7. Kentanner11

8. Click Here!

9. Dustin75

Dustin75 Fire Shrimp

I'll post some pics on sunday after my semi-annual trip to Thatpetplace. Its a nice 5.5 hour drive each way, but the prices are unmatched.

10. Dustin75

Dustin75 Fire Shrimp

Finally found the motivation to get these pics up. ato 1.jpg

ato 2.jpg

ato 3.jpg

11. Kentanner11

12. This rigid tube you're looking for is sometimes used to connect a stone to an airhose, so you can stick it directly where you want on the bottom. The ones I've seen are clear and about the same size as the end of the stone that you jam the airline onto.They sometimes come with an air stone.They are also used for a Penflax(sp?)undergravel filter, it's the part that goes inside the tube and directs air toward the bottom .
    I think you can attach pieces of this tube together with a small piece of air line.

I hope this helps you out, I love the plan and am thinking of building one soon!