ATTN Newbs and Old reefers alike....

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by geekdafied, Jun 25, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brandon1023

Brandon1023 Fire Goby

I agree with this post 1000000000000000000000000000000%, especially the part that says:

2. Click Here!

3. njdevilsfan

njdevilsfan Flamingo Tongue

Don't ask without first researching? Well....I don't remember what it was called! God now I feel STUPID! Forget this, I'll find a different forum. One that doesn't presume to imply that without the proper research, I shouldn't bother with my apparently stupid question. Hello reefcentral!

wow i wish you would reconsider leaving 3 reef for reefcentral
    you seem like a great addition to our little community
    on the other hand
    dont let the door hit you where the good lord split you ***** drama queen
    whaaaaaaaa im taking my ball and leaving
    have fun at rc they will love flaming your sensitive ***

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2008
    1 person likes this.
  4. missionsix

missionsix Super Moderator Staff Member

C'monnnnnnnn;). Let's keep "reefcentral" out of this. What's the deep point behind this thread "geek"? Does it really matter that much? Are you so bothered by "dumb questions" and people "dumber than you" answering them(wrong/right/indifferent/speculative/read/experienced/referrenced)? I to get tired of seeing the same "what are these white things on my glass" questions. I remember when I didn't know what an isopod was, do you? Let's shut this place down for scientific people/questions only. "I don't think so". I've done my part here and will continue to do so. With wrong ID's, right ID's, good advice, bad advice,shared experience, referrenced information,good pics, bad pics, no pics and I've paid money out of my pocket to have fun here. I'll have to admit that you do come off very arrogant(in more posts than 2,3 and, 4). I care about all the work that is put into this place by all the top dogs and cats;). Maybe Matt should charge money to be here to keep the stupid questions to a minimum. In short, I'm a leader also. It takes a good leader to carry followers. "I'll carry". "C'mon in the waters fine". The door is open "C'mon inside". I consider myself a respectable 3reefer and will carry myself that way. I considered you a respectable 3reefer. Maybe you should put yourself back in your "old shoes" and help a friend rather than make them feel uncomfortable about asking a question or answering one;).
    Casey Lee Lillibridge

2 people like this.
  5. geekdafied

geekdafied 3reef Sponsor

Well putting all flogging/flaming aside... The point of this thread was to tell EVERYBODY to do a little search for their answer before they go asking a question....

1 person likes this.
  6. missionsix

missionsix Super Moderator Staff Member

No flogging/flaming coming from me. Just observation.
    I agree 100%. "Do work". Not all of us are fearless leaders. I happen to have a strong opinion and it was stated. "I'll carry"

7. njdevilsfan

njdevilsfan Flamingo Tongue

wow i would like to be a leader someday so i can use red words too

8. Click Here!

9. geekdafied

geekdafied 3reef Sponsor

Here's some arrogance for yall...

I tell ya what Casey, you can continue "leading or misleading" or whatever you wanna call it. I will continue "cutting the trail" for you to guide them on. Cause thats all you're really doing.

"Those that can do, do... Those that can't, Teach."

Brandon... Lay off the "Fool -Aid"!!! (iggy *click*)

Its nice to know I have a fan club!

Last edited: Sep 22, 2008
  10. tarheel

tarheel Skunk Shrimp

WOW, that last post might have been a little over the top. Anyway, Just as geek doesn't have to read all of our repeated questions, you guys don't have to read his repeated rants. I think you posted this same rant about research a few months back Brian and got similar response. (but I will use the search option to find out.) Sorry, couldn't help myself.

So, now that everyone has established their opinion on Brian, which was not what this was all about. Whether you like him, or you think he is an arrogant *******, is really irrelivant. There may come a time when you have a critter in your tank and have looked through the stickies, googled, and viewed countless pics. When you can't find anything that you think matches, Brian has probably seen it before and can (and will) help you out.

If you are having surgury, do you want the doc with the best bed-side mannor, or the arragont SOB that's the best surgeon? So, my point is whether to like him or you think he is a total waste of flesh, he is a knowledgable guy and smart enough to figure out that by pissing off half the forum and starting a 8 page contraversy, He will accomplish his goal and most of the newbs that have joined since his last rant will find the seach function!

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2008
    1 person likes this.
  11. Jason McKenzie

Jason McKenzie Super Moderator

Umm OK everyone is going to have to chill out or this thread will be closed.

BTW everyone has the ability to use coloured text.

12. PharmrJohn

PharmrJohn The Dude

Ummmmm. Dude. My Dad was a teacher. And one of the best around.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.