attaching shrooms

Discussion in 'Frags' started by ollie51, Apr 6, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. ollie51

ollie51 Feather Duster

i just cut w/razor ,2 hairy mushrooms off a rock (overrun w/these things) question is, can i just rubberband them to a piece of rubble or is that not a good idea? ive done it w/zenia and it worked but shrooms are new territory

2. Click Here!

3. wildreef

wildreef Stylophora

well ive done taht by taking a small' plastc bowl and putting rubble / crushed coral in it' then laying mesh over the bowl , and allowing the shroom to settle and attach it's self , sevral cuttings can be done at one time
    ( laying the bowl back in the tank or fug.

4. Otty

Otty Giant Squid

Try a piece of bridal net until they attach to the rock. Rubber bands are sometimes hard on the coral if it is too tight.

5. Tangster

Tangster 3reef Sponsor

The bowl of rocks works the best for us It's easy and simple, they do all the work. I use it for all soft coarls Just snip and deposit they do all the work we now put 5.5 and 10gal tanks into the larger tanks.

6. longballz84

longballz84 Spaghetti Worm

ive been thinking about the "bowl" method too...how long does it usually take for them to mount to the rubble rock...ive used sand before, and the shroom will pick up particles of sand on the base to the point where u have a glueable surface...

7. 1st time

1st time Purple Spiny Lobster

You don't use glue, just put the mushroom in the cup with rubble and it will attach itself to a piece of rubble. It takes about 1 or 2 weeks for this to happen. Be sure to cover the container with mesh secured with a rubber band.

8. Click Here!

9. J.A.C

J.A.C Astrea Snail

i just put a small frag on a base rock, wraped bridal mesh around it and ruber banded the sides of the mesh, hopefully i will have a new colony starting up soon.