Ato?

Discussion in 'I made this!' started by Seano Hermano, May 23, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Seano Hermano

Seano Hermano Giant Squid

I don't really want snails or critters in my return area. Just the fuge, if that is possible.

2. Click Here!

3. veedubshafer

veedubshafer Banned

Scardey cat!:p

4. veedubshafer

veedubshafer Banned

Not really. I have stomatellas everywhere in my tank. And some turbos that have bred and cropped up.

5. Seano Hermano

This one, I like. :) I don't have to have an RO connected ti this, do I? I could just run it of of my reserve, like the other floats?

6. Renee@LionfishLair

Renee@LionfishLair 3reef Sponsor

I'm more afraid of the knock on the door when I'm asleep.

Huh? *I get jump out of the bed.* SPLASH!!!!! on the carpet.

Oops.

7. Seano Hermano

OK. well the one your recommend, seems like a better choice then.

8. Click Here!

9. Renee@LionfishLair

I've used little DIY snail guards over mine in the past.

10. veedubshafer

veedubshafer Banned

I actually have my RO unit in my man cave and the FW hose runs up through the floor to my ATO that resides in my sump. The level in my sump is always down a few inches when I go to bed and nice and full in the morning. The other day the hose from my aqua lifter pump broke and I lost the suction for my HOB overflow. It was nice to find out that my tank works both ways. If the sump pumps all of its water into the DT it doesn't overflow. And if my DT drains as much as it can into the sump it doesn't overflow either. Now if my overflow would stop at night and then the sump got topped off then there might be too much water in the system. Luckily my floor is an old wooden floor that the water goes in between the boards and down onto the concrete in my man cave. I know this from previous spills when I didn't have my ATO and I had my RO unit on and running into my tank and forgot I had it on and went to bed. I woke up to my 50ish gallon system that had about 25 gallons of FW dumped into it. In dumped a bunch of salt into the DT and got it back up to the correct salinity and didn't lose a thing! Some of my corals shriveled up for a day but came right back. It was unbelievable!

11. Seano Hermano

"And if my DT drains as much as it can into the sump it doesn't overflow either."

Good God. lol. How big is your sump, in equivalence to your DT?

Edit: I just remembered, "as much as it can drain" just means as low as you set your drain. I will do the same with my sump, allowing 3.6g to be drained from my DT to my sump overflow.

"Luckily my floor is an old wooden floor that the water goes in between the boards and down onto the concrete in my man cave."

Your floor is probably really bad underneath. It is made of wood. ;)

I don't like the idea of adding FW/RO water directly to my tank. I'd rather always use salt.

12. Renee@LionfishLair

Do you mean buffers?