ATI T5 Light bulbs

Discussion in 'Reef Lighting' started by erock38, Nov 3, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. erock38

erock38 Feather Duster

Where is the best place to order ATI T5 light bulb for a Current USA Nova Extreme T5 X2 Aquarium Lighting Fixture, 2X24 Watt, 30 inch.?

2. Click Here!

3. tst400

tst400 Astrea Snail

U cam check sos lighting if i remember correctly that have decent prices

4. Mr. Bill

Mr. Bill Native Floridian

Great fixture- I'm using that same exact model on my 29H reef tank. :)

I order my ATI bulbs from Marine Depot. They have competitive prices, fast service, and excellent packaging to protect the bulbs.

5. erock38

erock38 Feather Duster

Do you have a 30' fixture? And do you have a 24" light bulb or a 36" light bulbs because i cant find 30" ATI light bulbs.

6. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

ATI doesn't make 30" bulbs, only 24", 36" 48" and 60". AquaCave is another good source for the bulbs along with Reef Geeks. 24W bulbs are 24" long.

7. Mr. Bill

Mr. Bill Native Floridian

Unlike Coralife and a few others, the Nova Extreme 30" fixture uses 24" bulbs. As 2in10 pointed out, ATI doesn't make 30" bulbs, so with the other brands, you're stuck with the cheap OEM replacements.

8. Click Here!

9. SnooknRedz

SnooknRedz Vlamingii Tang

+1 I have a 30" fixture and it takes 24" bulbs. The light cant be 30" if the light fixture itself is 30". lol I would use aquablue special and a coral plus for a 2 bulb fixture. It give you a lot more growing power vs an actinic only bulb imo. What are you hoping to grow with this light may i ask?

10. erock38

erock38 Feather Duster

Just soft coral or just anything thing I can grow with it. I don't have any specific coral I want to grow. I just want it to look good.:)

11. SnooknRedz

SnooknRedz Vlamingii Tang

If it was me in your shoes. I would order myself 4 bulbs now. Blue plus, AB special, Coral plus, and purple plus. Try out every combo with those you can, see what looks good. Then youll have 2 replacements on hand after they expire or should go bad... Then just order what you like and see results with.

Like i stated i would do a AB special, and a coral plus. Maybe a blue plus in place of the coral for more of an actinic look but still nice par.

12. erock38

erock38 Feather Duster

Ok thanks! I think I'm going with a AB special and a blue plus.