ATI t-5's

Discussion in 'T5 Aquarium Lighting' started by -Bubbler-, Sep 25, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Poseidon27

Poseidon27 Flamingo Tongue

I'm getting new bulbs as well and have been thinking about a good combo for my four-bulb fixture but I'm trying to decide between a blue+ and a true actinic? Will the blue+ also show the fluorescent qualities of coral like the actinic?

2. Click Here!

3. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

Yes since it is 40% actinic and 60% blue.

4. Ford101

Ford101 Fire Shrimp

i recently just got all new ati bulbs. i went with 4 ati blue + and 2 coral + love the look!

5. ontop27

ontop27 Ritteri Anemone

I have a four bulb with two all royal par 30s.. i was running two blueplus a coral plus and a purple plus.. time to update bulbs, and went with an actnic..i remeber being much happier with it when i ran it two years ago haha

6. -Bubbler-

-Bubbler- Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

Hey guys, bulbs came in today and I got them installed tonight after work, I'm satisfied with the results thats for sure. It's not a huge change from the AB Special, but it is a bit more blue which is what I was looking for and the colors on my Zoas and Duncan seem to pop a bit more as well. Here's a full tank shot with the new Coral+ Blue+ combo, as well as a few random shots!

Attached Files:

7. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

Looks good, congrats

8. Click Here!

9. ZepQuarium

ZepQuarium Spaghetti Worm

+1 .

10. oldfishkeeper

oldfishkeeper Giant Squid

Looks really good. I'm thinking that's about the look I would like when I get new bulbs. What is the little yellow fish peeking out of the rock?

11. jborlace

jborlace Purple Spiny Lobster

Can you grow corals with just a two bulb T5 setup ? I'm looking to get a new light fixture soon. Two would be cheaper on me for sure !!

12. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

Yes you can. Just make sure you place your corals by their light requirements. Higher light needing corals up high and low light toward the bottom.