ATI led power module

Discussion in 'Reef Lighting' started by Lbannie, Nov 27, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Lbannie

Lbannie Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

Just curious.... Anyone have these? How much did you pay?
    I currently have a reefbreeders led unit w full spectrum colors, but sometimes find myself wishing it was better. Can't seem to get everything to really pop.
    Eventually I'll be upgrading to a larger tank and I'm wondering if these new ati units will be the way to go...... I better start saving

2. Click Here!

3. Blue Falcon

Blue Falcon Fire Goby

I dont really know anything about the ATI LED's but if your not happy with the colors your getting from reefbreeders, I would suggest you only get a fixture where you can control EACH color channel, like a AI SOL or something.

4. Av8Bluewater

Av8Bluewater Giant Squid

Hmm.. funny.. I just went to pick up some frags from a local guy and he had a reefbreeders. His corals had some really nice colors.
    So you're looking at what they now call the Powermodule which is LED combo?
    If you google reef in the sky he is now running one. This months tank of the month on RC.
    It's a new light for him so time will tell. I think it's a good way to go but I didn't want to fork over $2300.
    Sticking with my SunPower for now.

5. Servillius

Servillius Montipora Digitata

I have it and love it. It's not cheap, but the LEDs give me control while the t5s give me great color. My tank is in the middle of a rebuild upgrade, so no helpful pics, but my last tank ran the same lights and I was getting great results.

6. Lbannie

Lbannie Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

Maybe I have unrealistic expectations. I look at pics at other people's tanks and they seem so vibrant. I actually don't even have to much color variety in my corals, toadstools and greenish palys. I do have 1 ricordea that's red that stands out.
    Maybe once I add more coral ill see the pop. Most days I love my light, I'm just thinking about the day I upgrade to at least a 180, if I'm going to spend all that money I want it to be spectacular!