ati blue plus bulbs

Discussion in 'T5 Aquarium Lighting' started by skiergd011013, Feb 22, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. reddog

reddog Bristle Worm

sYea I was surprised too.The color does look nice and blue in the photo but please believe me when I say that IMO the aquablue does overpower the Blue+'s and you end up with a white look.I also have a new 50/50 bulb that I threw in in place of the aquablue.Its a little bit more blue.Kinda in the middle of the two.I didnt take pics because i know the blue+'s will have the same effect.
    Those aquablue bulbs are seriously bright!But way more white than blue.

malac0da13 had it right when they said "ATI blue+ has one of the highest par values of any bulb so you shouldnt have to run a white bulb unless you want a whiter look"

2. Click Here!

3. xmetalfan99

xmetalfan99 Giant Squid

Give it about a week to let the bulbs burn in. Then make your decision. My tank looked more red and blue the first few days I had my new bulbs.

4. reddog

reddog Bristle Worm

Iv had those blue+ bulbs burning for 2 weeks now.I think there broke in by now.Its just my camera is very sensative to the blue.Iv tried different settings and no better.Was just trying to be helpfull since i have a few extra bulbs to play with combos.

5. Reef2Keep

Reef2Keep Purple Spiny Lobster

I'm thinking I want a bit more blue in my tank...

Would the following work?
    2x ATI Blue+
    1x Geisemann Aquablue+
    1x FP

current set up is geisemann - 2xaquablue+ / 2xactinic+, which gives a crisp white look

6. reddog

reddog Bristle Worm

I havnt used Geisemann so I cant say.Maybe someone else has some expierience with them? You do have half of my combo already.If you have a little extra cash you could buy a fiji purp and a super actinic and try that combo.Would only cost you $40 plus shipping.At least you wouldnt have to buy 4 new ones to achieve a different look.
    Just a suggestion

7. Reef2Keep

Reef2Keep Purple Spiny Lobster

I actually have a true actinic bulb but I swapped it our for another aquablue+ to increase power with the lighting.