Ask Your T-5HO Questions Here

Discussion in 'T5 Aquarium Lighting' started by Covey, Jan 25, 2005.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Covey

Covey Scooter Blennie

The 120 is like I think 24" deep unless it is a odd shaped tank. I would go with a 8 bulb rig if you were going keep SPS. If you wanted to save some cash I would get a retro. If not AquaMedics, Arcadia, and the Tek light series are are good complete lights. Check the sponsers links. Captive Reef, Premium Aquatics, and Reef Geek all carry T-5HO gear.
    I hope this helps.

2. Click Here!

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Covey thanks for your suggestion I'm trying to get rid of the PC and find a decent like that is strong enough to handle what ever i wish to put in there but not be so over kill things that like less light are hurt. I guess tho I could create over hangs to shadow somethings.

I haven't really decided what all I want to keep in it right now its just looking bare and figured why I have been meaning to upgrade the lights to something decent so I could house corals while I had the money I would research it and order something.

current filtration will also prolly have to be upgraded, currently running a wet dry setup and lots of LR

4. Guest

Guest Guest

The other question was size? my tank is deep and tall but is in a corner... the front has enough room for a 36" and then you can fit a 24" behind it and that takes up basically the entire hood.

Currently I have those 36" PC then 24" Atenics behind it.

5. Covey

Covey Scooter Blennie

Weazil you really can't have everything. If you go high light you should keep high light coral. If you run a more modest setup you cant run SPS and such. I am starting to learn that first hand because my acro is grow good but my devils hand leather does not seem to like the brite light

6. Guest

Guest Guest

Hrmm... I guess then I need to decide... looking for colorful more flowy coral apposed to like brain coral where its a blob of coral

fish I have more experience with corals are definately new to me

7. Jay

Jay Teardrop Maxima Clam

Covey:

Did you know that if you keep devils hand leather in a tank all the sps corals will grow ultra slow or not at all. I bought a frag of dhl from ebay and she stated in the auction that this is not a coral to be kept in a tank with sps corals.

Jay

8. Click Here!

9. Covey

Covey Scooter Blennie

Thanks jay I PM'd you.

10. Guest

Guest Guest

I believe I have came to the conclusion i want to house sps and lps in the tank after doing some research.

I found some MH but unsure if the price was decent. 600 basically after shipping for dual 400w mh with dual 96w pc for atenics

11. geologeek

geologeek Fire Worm

Can i just check that these are the types of T-5 you are using or are you using stright tubes like the T-8.

I have a 4 foot by 18, by 12 tank how many would you use to keep a bubble tip, a few soft corals and some shrooms?, i have found that my MH is too strong for the soft corals and shrooms, and there is too much heat generated!

Levi

Attached Files:

• T5.jpg
      T5.jpg
      File size:
      2 KB
      Views:
  12. Covey

Covey Scooter Blennie

No they are the straight tubes just like a standard flor. bulb only skinner.