Are pods eating my zoas?

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by nanomania, Jun 3, 2016.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. civiccars2003

civiccars2003 Great Blue Whale

OKAY...

I know we don't like bring up other sites, but another one you are posting to says that your alk is 25? You posted here that it is 7? I am totally lost. Stop intervening and trying to fix things by adding stuff. Be patient. Listen to what others are telling you. I am really trying to help here, but you're making it difficult.

End rant.

cody3819, nanomania and DSC reef like this.
  2. Click Here!

3. DSC reef

DSC reef Giant Squid

My point exactly. There has already been a disaster with "brooklynella" brought on by stress and being impatient. Loosing zoas is not uncommon or a big deal. I'll say it again, pods are not eating your zoas. The same exact coral 4"away from the previous can react completely different and in a lot of cases it could take weeks before the coral finds a happy place. I moved my blue hornets up one rock and they never opened, put them back and now they don't close. You need to be patient and listen to the advice. Quit buying corals because your parameters are off and as of now I'm sure stability is not happening. Once you get to the target parameters try to keep it there for a month and then try another coral.

4. nanomania

nanomania Vagabond Butterfly

Dosed extra.. caused more problem.. so now waiting.. Doing 5% wc every alternate days.. will add new stuff once all parameters are in chk.. also called for test kits.. also setting up qt this weekend at my office coz of space issue at home.. too much pressure to take.. all going wrong after jus 2 yrs gap.. issues on top of issues..

5. Swisswiss

Swisswiss Caribbean Reef Squid

its part of the learning curve. with every "issue" you learn how to react to it

cody3819, nanomania and DSC reef like this.