Are macros a good fit for me?

Discussion in 'Reef Cleaners' started by stepho, Jul 25, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Renee@LionfishLair

Renee@LionfishLair 3reef Sponsor

No hairs. It's a totally different color though and I swear the... "tubes" are a larger diameter in there.

13 tanks filled with venomous fish... definitely not my idea of a good time.

2. Click Here!

3. johnmaloney

johnmaloney 3reef Sponsor

it is an interesting species, even the tax books seem to describe variations but they aren't named. I wouldn't be surprised if you continue to see changes with each new generation. Pretty cool from a plant that is all alone I think.

oh yeah venemous fish too... nice. I am not sure if a diver friend of mine was allergic or something, but he was stung by a spotted scorpion. Hand like a mit, it was pretty bad. The mistake he made was using a net with larger mesh, forcing him to put his hand in to remove the fish whose fins was tangled... If it were me I would cut the net! Scorpions scare me a lot more than most things, including barracuda and sharks. I feel like they could be anywhere...

4. Renee@LionfishLair

You can keep barracuda. I swear they look at me like I am chum.

5. johnmaloney

stepho - by the way, sorry to hear about that mantis. I just read it now Are these macros for the ugly tank?

incognito - oddly enough the first fish I saw snorkeling were "100" barracuda in john pennekamp around 3-5 feet. I felt a little like chum that day now that I think of it..you can see them a mile away though.. I have picked up a snail off a rock before to see the rock next to my hand open its eyes. BOO! lol....cool fish though. Especially for photographers.

6. Renee@LionfishLair

What did I miss? The mantis is dead?

7. johnmaloney

the sig suggests so. The ugly tank remark probably sounds bad to visitors, but stepho's mantis tank won a contest - kind of a funny story but it was like a year ago so we should probably let him slide. :)

8. Click Here!

9. Renee@LionfishLair

10. stepho

stepho Panda Puffer

Hey John sorry it took so long to get back to you. I just got home, I've been in the hospital with a concussion since monday.

Sorry the sig is confusing guys. The mantis I had in the 10 gal that won the contest died a while ago. I upgraded to a 20 long using the rock and clean up crew I got from the contest. It was a pain to transfer all of those dwarf ceriths but they are worth it. ;D I now have a new species of mantis that I am able to keep with the increased space, and it is doing fine. The new tank looks quite nice, there isn't any algae anywhere.

11. Renee@LionfishLair

*whew*

Good to hear!... about the mantis.... sorry about the concussion.

12. johnmaloney

wait a second - how did I miss this you are keeping barracuda now too? did someone stick their hand in your tank at some point and now you are getting security for that sort of thing? :) Barracudas and venemous fish, sounds like a nightmare I had once....lol... I like the little barracuda though, that is a smart fish. Very smart, and very "aware" if you know what I mean.