Are Ecotech Marine Powerheads worth it?

Discussion in 'Filters, Pumps, etc..' started by mattb57, Sep 12, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. mikev15101

mikev15101 Purple Spiny Lobster

Last edited: Sep 13, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. mattb57

mattb57 Banned

you mean the green or the pattern on the upholstery? We still have a bolt of fabric I may be able to dress the exterior of the stand somehow..... maybe over the doors of the stand tightly cover it and place molding around it to hold it.....

haha that is one thing i can do is painting and carving. I actually am a wood carver, like hunting decoys.

4. mattb57

mattb57 Banned

5. Seano Hermano

Seano Hermano Giant Squid

The room looks nice (if only it had dark hardwood floors:)). I could just sit down and relax there with the view outside.

There was a build thread on 3reef that was started within the last few months...can't remember the water volume of the display tank, but the guy built the cabinet entirely himself in his shop. The cabinet was stand-alone, but had the look of a built-in, with sump doors, canopy and a bookshelf to either side of the tank. It was painted white with a lacquer top coat...very crisp, and classic looking.

I will see if I can find it on here...

Will the tank span the whole length of that short wall?

Last edited: Oct 5, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  6. mattb57

mattb57 Banned

The view out is nice we have a fairly large yard(11 acres) it looks straight into a large pond and then some trees. Hardwood wouldn't have worked in this room the way it is. It's a good thing we didn't try wood either because the guy that built our pool screwed us over and built it on an angle so when it rains the water collects by the doors and comes in and soaks the carpet. although since then we have fixed the drainage problem. If you can find that thread I'd love to look at it ;) the room is about 10ft wide

7. Thatgrimguy

Thatgrimguy Flying Squid

I just mean painting it white. To match the stand/canopy.

8. Click Here!

9. Thatgrimguy

Thatgrimguy Flying Squid

Your without a vortech tank has way more dollars invested in tunzes and closed loops. And he's using seaswirls.. no comparison to korailia (the tunzes he's using cost as much as MP60s). He has WAY more invested in flow than tank two.

10. mikev15101

mikev15101 Purple Spiny Lobster

You made my point exactly, there are other ways to get flow. Flow that will achieve the same if not better results I NEVER said korellia was only way did I? Nope!

11. Thatgrimguy

Thatgrimguy Flying Squid

Well, the question is how to do it with the least money right?? You used koralia to prove your price point then used a tank with huge money in flow to confirm your point. You stated that you don't need to spend big money on flow "moving water is moving water." And that moving water is moving water is what I have been debating from the beginning. It really is this important to get corals like either video have pictured.

The best bang for the flow buck is in vortech. It costs huge money to get equal flow from other sources.

12. mattb57

mattb57 Banned

Oh....Yeah They will match for sure...I don't know what kinda of hood we want yet. My dad said either a Normal tall hood or something Like what you had on you 210. When y'all customize y'all stands do y'all use molding you just buy or do y'all machine it with a router? We have a table saw,band saw,miter saw,lathe, and we can buy a router my brother needs one anyways.....