Arctic Titanium Chiller

Discussion in 'Product Review Archives' started by gamma, Apr 28, 2004.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. gamma

gamma Spaghetti Worm

Well, when I purchased my MH lights, the lfs recommended that I also get a chiller. I wasn't sure at first, because I knew that many people just used fans w/ their MH's. In So Cal it gets hot. I've had the chiller for about 4 wks and I have to say it's works great. Where I live, during the day the house gets above 90[sup]o[/sup]. The chiller is a much better way to keep the tank cool vs using the AC to cool the house.

I have the Arctic Chiller 1/3 hp. It's probably a bit more than what I need, but it sure does cool the tank down quickly. Very low noise. I highly recommend the arctic if you're in the market for a good quality chiller.

2. Click Here!

3. Jason McKenzie

Jason McKenzie Super Moderator

Do you have a link to this brand. I can't seem to find any info?

J

4. gamma

gamma Spaghetti Worm

5. Land_Fish

Land_Fish Guest

[quote author=GaMmA link=board=Product;num=1083213194;start=0#0 date=04/28/04 at 21:33:14]Well, when I purchased my MH lights, the lfs recommended that I also get a chiller.  I wasn't sure at first, because I knew that many people just used fans w/ their MH's.  In So Cal it gets hot.  I've had the chiller for about 4 wks and I have to say it's works great.  Where I live, during the day the house gets above 90[sup]o[/sup].  The chiller is a much better way to keep the tank cool vs using the AC to cool the house.

I have the Arctic Chiller 1/3 hp.  It's probably a bit more than what I need, but it sure does cool the tank down quickly.  Very low noise.  I highly recommend the arctic if you're in the market for a good quality chiller.[/quote]

YOU CAN LET YOUR HOUSE GET TO 90 DEGREES IN S. CAL AND BE COMFORTABLE... HERE IN TEXAS IT IS HOT 100+ AND 95% HUMIDITY.
    KEEP ROOM TEMP AT 75

6. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Good point Naut. I wouldn't let the house get to 90 that's for sure.

But man, that looks like a great chiller. Good for you Gamma! Where'd you get it?

7. Craig Manoukian

Craig Manoukian Giant Squid

8. Click Here!

9. Land_Fish

Land_Fish Guest

10. gamma

gamma Spaghetti Worm

I purchased mine at my LFS. He gave me a pretty good deal on it that I couldn't pass up. My fish have better temp conditions than I do. No more AC!

11. NUGIO

NUGIO Corkscrew Tentacle Anemone

You guys in the rest of the country im guessing pay ALOT less for juice than we do herebut im not willing to let my   house get to 90 degrees either LOL.
    One thing i did last month was install a whole house fan. The way it works is you open windows in the eveing when the temps dropped down and turn it on it pulls cool outside air in thru the house and out thru the attic.cooling it down about 10* in a 1/2 hour. best home upgrade ive ever  made! Expect to see good results come summer with the elec bill cause then the chiller and MH will be running.
    It only cost me 140 bucks and a Sat to install

12. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Wow! Wish I could do that Nugio. Good to know.