Araga Might or Araga Milk by CaribSea ?

Discussion in 'Water Chemistry' started by fletch, May 8, 2004.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. fletch

fletch Kole Tang

Thanks Darin, I will do a little reading up on the two first and then I'll do a little ( eney, meany, miney, mo ) LOL ;D ;)

2. Click Here!

3. Land_Fish

Land_Fish Guest

Darin I could get you the information on the grade of the chemicals but don't want to bash B-Ionic as it is a good product.

You use B-Ionic every day so you use more of it then you would CalxMax which you use every other day.

So the cost factor does not apply as they equal out in the end. Why not use the one with better grade of materials?

4. Land_Fish

Land_Fish Guest

[quote author=fletch link=board=Water;num=1084068884;start=0#6 date=05/09/04 at 08:47:32]Nautilus, What test kit do you use? :-/ I don't have a calcium test kit yet.[/quote]

I like the salifert test kit but I have to order it online.
    I ran out and needed it quick so had to use what the LFS carried. I currently use the Hagen Calcium test kit and I like it alot also. Very easy to use and the color change is clear and easy to see.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. fletch

fletch Kole Tang

Thanks Again Nautilus, From the little bit of research I have just done I think I have to go along with Nautilus on the Warner Marine CalxMax Like he said They use higher grade materials then any other companies (from what I have read) But I am new at this so I like to get the opinion of a few people and maybe go with the majority. ;)

6. Land_Fish

Land_Fish Guest

CalxMax is not as wide spread as B-Ionic YET!
    So finding a person that has used both would be hard to find.

Anything from Warner Marine is great stuff.
    Darin should start carring it.... :D

7. fletch

fletch Kole Tang

Nautilus, I just ordered the Salifert Calcium Test Kit #107 and the Warner Marine CalxMax 2 pt Calcium / Alkalinity Buffer Thank you for your suggestions ;) ;D

8. Click Here!

9. captivereefs

captivereefs Feather Duster

You will like the Salifert test kit alot!!

10. captivereefs

captivereefs Feather Duster

Yea i just researched it today. The warner stuff looks pretty good. Only problem is that most peole buy B-ionic. I am pretty small yet so i have to sell what people buy the most of. Never know what the future holds though!

11. fletch

fletch Kole Tang

Thanks Darin for your input also you and Nautilus both mentioned the Salifert test kit and that is what I went with. I hope to be doing some business with you in the future but you did not carry the Warner Marine CalxMax and Like I said, From what research I did on it and Nautilus uses it and seems happy with it, I figured I would give it a try. ;)

12. Land_Fish

Land_Fish Guest

Thats Great,
    I gave you a link of the cheapest place I found the CalxMax at. There is a LFS here that sells it for $40.00 bucks.... I huge difference from the online price of $16.00.
    Hope you have an alk test kit and would suggest to test your water every time before you add any chemicals to your tank so you know how much to add.
    Hopefully there will be a bigger demand for this stuff in the future so Darin can carry it.