Aqueon 36 gal Bowfront

Discussion in 'New To The Hobby' started by bwahaha, Jan 3, 2014.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. BrianJ

BrianJ Peppermint Shrimp

One sounds like aptasia that is an unwanted pest. Pictures would really help though.

2. Click Here!

3. bwahaha

bwahaha Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

They are in kind of an obscure part so pictures would be tough. and theres also these fat white tube things

4. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

5. bwahaha

Helpful links! Thanks. I do think the worm type things are feather dusters after viewing the pictures, but the brown thing does not appear to be Aiptasia...

6. bwahaha

I tested my water (lots of nitrates, or one of the "trates" anyway...), did a 25% water change with RO saltwater from my LFS, and tested it again, and we concluded that the tank had cycled. I couldn't resist, I bought a little firefish :D he's acclimating now. I'll post pictures once he's settled in, probably tomorrow.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2014
  7. bwahaha

Firefish is in the tank! He's found a nice little hidey hole and keeps poking his head out. I've caught him out and about in the tank, but usually he darts back in when I walk by. Very excited! I had some shortcomings about buying livestock from Petco, but they redid the aquatic section by my house and the tanks are WAY cleaner and healthier, so I gave it a shot. No regrets yet!

8. Click Here!

9. oldfishkeeper

oldfishkeeper Giant Squid

I sure hope you're cycled :) Makes me nervous when you say high trates, one of the trates at least - if it's nitrites you're in trouble.

10. bwahaha

I'm fairly certain it was nitrates. The LFS guy said "so that means you're definitely cycled." Anyway, the little guy is swimming all over the tank, he's a really cool fish and looks real happy and healthy. I have some brine shrimp eggs, I was wondering if it'd be a good idea to put some in and see if a little food population takes off so he has some stuff to chase after?

Last edited: Feb 9, 2014
  11. bwahaha

As promised, here are a few pictures of my little guy. He's still doing terrific :)

Attached Files:

12. bwahaha

Should I add the Royal Gramma next? I've read that you should add any shrimps and other fishes before adding the RG because it will harass later additions