Aqueon 36 gal Bowfront

Discussion in 'New To The Hobby' started by bwahaha, Jan 3, 2014.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. bwahaha

bwahaha Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

No one is responding to my posts :bawling:

2. Click Here!

3. oldfishkeeper

oldfishkeeper Giant Squid

glad you got your camera working! What question to you mean, in terms of what to do now?

4. bwahaha

Yay, a response! I'm so happy. I mean like if my water continues to be good, what is the next step?

5. oldfishkeeper

well, if your tank has cycled (and you're positive it has) you 've added some CUC, and then the next step may be to start looking at adding fish.

6. bwahaha

Oooh, exciting. Yeah I got my water tested at this family run business by my house (you can tell they aren't about profit, it's really an awesome place to go) and he said all ammonia and nitrate is 0ppm only thing was the salinity was a tiny bit high. He told me to wait on snails until there was algae growing. So, I went ahead and got the three hermits. So now I wait a bit, then add the firefish?

7. oldfishkeeper

you want your nitrite to be 0 not nitrate. Nitrate being 0 makes me wonder if you're cycled.

8. Click Here!

9. bwahaha

oops well I actually really don't know which one. He just said everything is 0. idk why i just assumed that meant those 2 levels

10. oldfishkeeper

did you add a source for ammonia? Have you been ghost feeding or add in a shrimp to get the cycle started?

11. oldfishkeeper

you need to cycle the tank now......you may have jumped the gun on adding the hermits. Do a search in the forum to find out how to do that and what to look for.

12. bwahaha

I did feel a bit uneasy about adding them, the guy said they'd be perfectly fine though. I do have shortcomings about taking advice from a LFS employee, but I've read that hermits are pretty tough. I hope i dont lose any though. So what I do now is cycle the tank?