AquaticLife T5 HO Light

Discussion in 'T5 Aquarium Lighting' started by omgiv, Jun 4, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Jmblec2

Jmblec2 Corkscrew Tentacle Anemone

ShoeBox: what size tank do you have? and how did you mount your boosts MU135

2. Click Here!

3. DARKHAVEN

DARKHAVEN Astrea Snail

Ive been using the 4x48 AquaticLife's T5HO light for six months now. its very well made all the corals responded well and it does have two cooling fans that run very quite

4. Foreverfishy

Foreverfishy Purple Spiny Lobster

Can anyone give me an update to their thoughts on their AquaticLife T5 HO Light? I was thinking of purchasing the 72" one though before I do, I wanted to ask around.

Thank you,

Shrek

5. Jmblec2

Jmblec2 Corkscrew Tentacle Anemone

I have the 48in 6 blub unit. been running it for about 3 months. I really like it a lot. Very well built. Timer is an awesome feature, very easy to use. customer service is excellent. Love the look of the moon lights. i will be replacing the bulbs in about 3 months to some higher quality bulbs. I have zero issues with it and if i could do it over again i would buy the same unit.

6. SAY

SAY Ocellaris Clown

my opinion has not changed since my earlier post in this thread. I have had the 72" 6 bulb version for over a year and am still happy with it. I have not had any issues (still knocking on wood).

7. Jon.Peak

Jon.Peak Fire Worm

lighting combo will work fine for most LPS corals

8. Click Here!

9. SAY

SAY Ocellaris Clown

i have SPS, LPS, softies and clams in mine that are growing well under these lights.

10. Foreverfishy

Foreverfishy Purple Spiny Lobster

that is good to hear..I just hope to cross my fingers as to find one used for sale :)

11. Caspian

Caspian Coral Banded Shrimp

I have a 46g tank it's roughly 20 inches deep bout 18 to the sand, would it be best to go with the 4 bulb fixture or the 6? I'm not really planning on getting any sps corals that require HIGH light output but the wifey wants to get a nem, most likely a BTA. I've got rock work that reaches about half way up the tank so if it wants to sit in a high spot there is a place but would I be plenty safe with the 4 bulb model?

12. lynnmw1208

lynnmw1208 Skunk Shrimp

I have the 72" 4 bulb one (total 8 bulbs) and I LOVE it. Fans are quiet and the fixture runs cool. I only get about 1 degree temp fluctuation from it. The only gripe I had was the stock bulbs stink. If you can, get ATI bulbs to fill it's place and you'll be golden! I have these bulbs in this order
    blue+
    purple+
    blue+
    actinic
    I get about 14K color in my tank.

The only other thing is this thing is HEAVY. I have a pretty hard time lifting it off the tank and back on by myself. Other than that I love this light. The customer service is amazing too if you have a problem. Mine turned out to be a bad bulb because the fixture has a built in feature that turns off the ballasts if the bulb is at end-life or not working properly.

overall I have seen great growth in my corals and I keep a mix of LPS, SPS and zoanthid frags.