aquaticlife G12

Discussion in 'Metal Halide Aquarium Lighting' started by Bruce PSL FL, Feb 2, 2014.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Bruce PSL FL

Bruce PSL FL Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

I am in need of some new bulbs for my fixture and have never bought new ones. It takes the odd two pin G12 150's, I have found two different ones that will fit on Amazon. The originial ones from aquaticlife for $50 or ones from Phillips for $16- what would be the main difference for the huge swing in prices and what one would you use?
    The tank is a FOWLR if it matters...

2. Click Here!

3. Mr. Bill

Mr. Bill Native Floridian

My first guess is that the Phillips may not be the proper spectrum for a reef. While some may say that's ok for a FO tank, I would be concerned with low-nutrient nuisance algae blooms.

Can you post a pic or link for better comparison?

4. Bruce PSL FL

5. Mr. Bill

Mr. Bill Native Floridian

Hmmm... interesting. The only difference I can find is that the AL is advertised as a reef lamp and the Phillips is not. Price gouging, perhaps? IDK. Personally, I'd go for it.

6. PghSteeler

PghSteeler Tassled File Fish

price gouging!!!! How dear you make such accusations in this civil world we live in!

7. Bruce PSL FL

Thanks, as I don't have many options for this bulb. I wonder if thats why they charge so much for their own??