Aquatic Life Internal Mini Protein Skimmer 115

Discussion in '3reef Radar' started by Matt Rogers, Feb 3, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Seano Hermano

Seano Hermano Giant Squid

What difference does that make? It's still an internal skimmer. He is upset because the dimensions are lager than stated, and thus does not fit in his rear sump/fuge, where he was told it would.

2. Click Here!

3. NanaReefer

NanaReefer Fu Manchu Lion Fish

I was originally answering (should have quoted my answer)*nanomans* question. Nothing to do with the OP. Sorry to get your panties in a bunch ;)

Last edited: Nov 16, 2011
  4. oki_reefer

oki_reefer Astrea Snail

Has anyone tried this in a AquaPod 24 yet?

5. jeffers0n

jeffers0n Feather Duster

I have that skimmer, bout a year old, and I dont get anything NEAR that dark. Sometimes it just stops skimming for days, the starts again, so I just bought a Tunze 9002 to try out. I hear that they are very good skimmers. Remember, you get what you pay for!

6. Seano Hermano

Seano Hermano Giant Squid

lol. Not angry. Just wondering. :p I understand now, though.

7. adicus

adicus Aiptasia Anemone

Intent was to alert others

Regarding my postings. My intent was to alert other users that the information presented by the manufacturer was incorrect. It would only be an issue to users like myself who have limited space for the skimmer.

I eventually did a major modification to make it fit:
    http://www.3reef.com/forums/show-off-your-fish-tanks/jims-nuvo-mini-38-a-123820-5.html#post1242940

But after using it for several weeks and finding the micro bubbles too intense to compensate for and only able to get wet skim, I have decided not to use the device.