Aquatic Life Internal Mini Protein Skimmer 115

Discussion in '3reef Radar' started by Matt Rogers, Feb 3, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. bobssecrtsn

bobssecrtsn Sea Dragon

I dug up this thread awhile back. Is there any better mini Skimmers that has topped this or is this the best one yet?I have the eurousav1 and it doesn't impress me at all lmk tanks!

2. Click Here!

3. F.H

F.H Plankton

Good evening,

I'm trying to find a submersible skimmer for a while now, and I ran across this skimmer at my LFS. My only problem is that I have a 110gal aquarium, So I was wondering, am I able to fully submerge any protein skimmer such as the member has shown in the pictures on page 3?

If not, then would it be okay to have two of these 30 gal skimmers running on both sides of my tank? or would that be too much water for these to handle?

Thanks for the replies,

Cheers.

4. adicus

adicus Aiptasia Anemone

5. NanaReefer

NanaReefer Fu Manchu Lion Fish

Those skimmers would do very little for your 110-it is always recommended to use a skimmer rated for the size tank if not higher. You would be much lower then that. You'll either need a sump to place a larger skimmer in or try finding a HOB skimmer big enough.

6. NanoMano

NanoMano Gigas Clam

can this sit in a sump? or is it hob? or just internal? I'm looking for one for my 20g

7. adicus

adicus Aiptasia Anemone

most unhappy

They still have not properly stated the dimensions. I received my unit today and discovered when trying to install that the dimensions are not as stated:eek:! Even the box it came in states 3.0" x 3.0". With the clips in place (necessary to hold the unit together and mount it) it's actually 3.5" x 3.25". Which means that it won't fit into the chamber I had measured at 3.1" x 4.0". Most unhappy about this. Aquatic Life should not make such a blunder!!:angry:

8. Click Here!

9. NanaReefer

This is a HOB internal skimmer.

10. adicus

adicus Aiptasia Anemone

You are mistaken. It is an "Internal Protein Skimmer"

11. NanaReefer

Does it not come with a mounting bracket? That hangs on the rim of fuge/sump? Guess I should of just said an internal skimmer that needs to be mounted with included mounting brackets ;)

Last edited: Nov 15, 2011
  12. sollie7

sollie7 Millepora

yes two actually