Aquatic Life Internal Mini Protein Skimmer 115

Discussion in '3reef Radar' started by Matt Rogers, Feb 3, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Saltydoggy

Saltydoggy Astrea Snail

Hello, first time poster, and saltwater noob. I have a 30 gal set up right now w/ probably 15lbs of live rock and 15lbs of base rock still cycling. Its been set up for 2 weeks now. I have one green chromis, and one yellow tail damsel in there to help the cycle. I just ordered this skimmer. Is everyone still happy with how it has worked???? I'm excited to try it out sounds like its a winner. Just thought i would check and see if everyone is still happy with it.

Thanks!!!

2. Click Here!

3. tigermike74

tigermike74 Panda Puffer

I'm still happy with mine. I need to put a floss on the front of my outlet to stop the microbubbles like the others mentioned, but it pulls out some mean skimmate after it's broken in.

4. twelvejewelz

twelvejewelz Plankton

do you think i can fit this thing in the back of my aquaclear 110?? i put a baffle in so the water isnt rushing through. Does it create alot of microbubles? thanks in advance!

5. Unique Reefs

Unique Reefs Plankton

Does anybody know if this skimmer will fit in the first chamber in my 24 gallon nano cube ???

Last edited: Oct 16, 2010
  6. Gabby

Gabby Spaghetti Worm

Hello everyone!

I have had this skimmer running for about a month now, and it has a nice slime in the chamber, but I still get a lot of micro bubbles. I have tried adjusting to no avail and I just can't seem to get rid of the darn things! I saw a couple posts on here about putting sponges on the inside or outside, but I'm not sure exactly where in the chamber to put it, or how to attach something to the outside. I was hoping to get some pictures of how you did it :)

Thanks!
    Gabby

7. coyle

coyle Bristle Worm

I think I've just found my skimmer. I use wet dry and chaeto, lightly stocked tank and there's a nice little space next to the return pump not being used just perfect for it. Thanks.

8. Click Here!

9. phil47952

phil47952 Plankton

Aquatic Life Skimmer 115

I think I've just found my skimmer.

How is this little skimmer working for everyone now that there's been some time on it? I'm thinking of getting one for my 20g.

Phil

10. schackmel

schackmel Giant Squid

i love mine. it doesnt fit in the back of my tank so i just placed it in the tank, it does a great job skimming

11. SnooknRedz

SnooknRedz Vlamingii Tang

Just got one for my 20L! can't wait for it to come in.

12. coyle

coyle Bristle Worm

I got one but notice there is a thin stream of air bubbles outside from the seam in the housing. Anyone else have this? Wonder if I should return mine?