Aquascaping

Discussion in 'Live Rock' started by tunamike, Feb 22, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. tunamike

tunamike Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

Hi guys I just got some dry rock to add to my current tank and improve my aquascape. So what im trying to figure out is what epoxy putty works and is reef safe... i know all the actual aquarium ones are junk. Im looking at the EPO putty and the PC plumbing, Marine, or Pool? All the PC putties are NSF certified for potable water which equates to being reef safe right? or not? The pool one seems to be the best as its meant for underwater use and for bonding rock like materials, but actually that is the only one that im not sure that its ok for potable water. The epo putty has great reviews from the other side of the pond, and is just making its way over here? any experience with any of these or another good product will be very helpful?!?!

2. Click Here!

3. 55gfowlr

55gfowlr Zoanthid

How big's your tank. Personally I've never glued (or puttied) my rocks together. If, and when you attach your corals to the rock, you never know when you might want to move or separate one from another. (or acclimate them to new light) Just my opinion.

4. tunamike

tunamike Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

its a 75 display... I really want to make some shelving on an island off away from the main structure. yea i thought of that and if i have to move the tank then what... but ill chisel them apart if i have to and re-attach... i am obsessed with how sick some guys aquascapes are... and i know it is so much easer to design it from the start... but i never seem to be able to do it the easy way.