Aquascaping is much harder than it looks

Discussion in 'Live Rock' started by Puffer Chick, Oct 5, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. tatted4ever

tatted4ever Clown Trigger

Ive stayed up for many hours re arranging rock. I know my rocks all too well now. Youll know your rocks like you know your hands ;P Like a puzzle that youve put together a 1000 times. you know every damn piece.

1 person likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

ohhhh ok one of those :D

4. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

man i hope your right, and some rum would be nice to have, to bad i'm not 21 yet, usually coke calms me down, i guess with the added stress it make me worse

5. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

lol i'm sure that's going to happen to me too

1 person likes this.
  6. bioreefdude

bioreefdude Fu Manchu Lion Fish

imagine how it feels to finally get it perfect ..... and then (dom dom dooooommmm) decide to make a few changes only to hate it , tear it down trying to get it right never to finds that sweetspot again . and have to look a this pile of rocks that use to be something creative and have to stare at it for months because you've changed it fifty times this month all ready ......yeah thats where im at lol

1 person likes this.
  7. marlinman

marlinman Zoanthid

Taking water out of the tank helps to let you see better and work easier. Take about 1/4 to 1/3 of the water out by using a submersible water pump. Put it in a clean plastic tub or tubs from Walmart. When your done put it back in. Don't give up man. You'll get it.:cheesy:

1 person likes this.
  8. Click Here!

9. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

well, now that i'm all calm down from the stress last night, the tank doesn't look half bad. The water is still a bit murky but i can at least see in there. Fish are ok, i think their a little stressed as their not swimming all over the tank like they used to be. So what i'm going to do is take a towel and put it on the tank for a few days, and only peek in for feeding and making sure thet they are doing ok and have the lights turned off for a week. I just added more water today and turned the skimmer back on. I only have one powerhead on right now, as a part from the other powerhead came off last night so i'll have to find it the evening when it all clears up.

I think the reason why i was so stressed out last night was because i literally could not see what i was doing, and i had to much rock to work with. With the tank cleared up some it still looks like a good amount of rock in there so that's not to bad. I'll give the tank like 3 weeks of sitting like this then slowly rearange it to make it better for more corals, and i think with the less rock it will be much easier. Thanks to all who tried to help calm me down last night :D

10. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

ah man that would be so frustrating

11. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

ohhh i didn't think of doing that

12. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

so i came home from work, tank is all cleared and surprisingly the aquascape doesn't look half bad, i may even keep it like this but probably change like two rocks around. The fish still seem ok, but i will still leave the blanket on for a few days. And the glass and sand is REALLY dirty, i think the murkyness might have been from my horible diatoms. But all i know is right now i'm not touching a thing :D