Aquascaping is much harder than it looks

Discussion in 'Live Rock' started by Puffer Chick, Oct 5, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

yea i'm going to try one more time tonight then leave it how it is even if i don't like it. The thing that i don't get about me the most is, when i take the rock out i take it out randomly and put it on the floor just randomly, i look down, it looks kind of cool and like it and all the pieces are sturdy, the when i go and try to put it back in it looks like crap. I don't get it, why can i make it look good on land, but not in water

2. Click Here!

3. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

ok, i am seriously DONE i cannot take it anymore. I'm going to take back half the rock to the lfs tomorrow. I couldn't handle it, anymore, i just bascially set the rock that i still have in my tank i will leave it like that for a few weeks to let the clowns be stress free for a while, then just try to rearange it again. But for the next few weeks it's going to look like crap. But i need to stop for my fish. Oh man i wish i hadn't even changed it now. But i think with less rock it might be a lot easier to change, and if i want to later on i'll buy base rock if i need more room for corals

4. bioreefdude

bioreefdude Fu Manchu Lion Fish

5. bioreefdude

you just need a tub with tank water in it maybe when ur ready to do a w/c u can do this but ne who a tub with tank water in it so u can take most of the rock out while u rescape its easier with most the rock out believe me and the tub with the tank water catches all ur hitchhickers that jump ship that way u can pick and choose ur hitch hickers well sum oh them .but it is nice to see u sweat lol

6. ZachB

ZachB Giant Squid

I probably wouldn't take the rock back. Just give it time.

1 person likes this.
  7. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

lol i don't have enough water to do a bathtub full of tank water :D

8. Click Here!

9. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

i really think i have to much anyways, it was to packed

10. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

i feel crazy stressed right now. Earlier i drank a can of coke to help me calm down and not be as stressed, now i'm insainly stressed and kinda jittery and just trying to calm myself down a bit and take deep breaths. I don't even want to look at the tank right now. I'm just stressed from not getting it how i want. I wish i had the spare money to higher a professional, it would have been so much easier

11. bioreefdude

12. ZachB

ZachB Giant Squid

No need to stress that hard. Everything will work out in the end. These things take time.... I've tinkered with my 75 for the last several months trying different arrangements. It will not happen overnight. You think you have it the way you want it, then one day you'll get a coral and can't find the perfect spot for it. Next thing you know, rocks are flying everywhere. It's fun to watch your tank evolve and change shape.

Pop some rum or something in that coke to help relax. LOL