Aquascaping Ideas/Help

Discussion in 'Fish Tank Brands and Kits' started by Birchell, Jan 4, 2007.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Glipzcom

Glipzcom Flamingo Tongue

Now theres a nice layout. Quite beautiful.

2. Click Here!

3. Birchell

Birchell Gigas Clam

Update

Well I got some new pics of the tank a few mins ago. Ive got about 75 lbs of rock for now, but im gonna order some more in a few weeks. I have mostly base rock, but the live rock will seed the base really fast from what ive seen. Plus im gonna let the tank run for the better part of a year before I load it with corals, so im not to worried about the rock maturing to fast. I put my new wavemaker system in tonight also. It has 3 maxi jet 1200's with a timer, and it works great. It stured up the sand really good though, so my pics are going to be alittle fuzzy. The one thing I didnt like about the system, or well for my tank, is the fact it only has 3 power heads. All three heads are on a timer, but two will flow from one side of the tank to the other, and the third is directed into a died spot. I didnt like that, so I just put the third power head on a constant power plug. Im also thinking of getting one more power head. I would like two in the middle, stiring up the back of the tank facing different directions. This is my first attempt at the island look, and I like the island on the left side the best. It is kinda small, but the rock staked up so nice. The island on the right side, is kinda a pile of rocks, lol. I have 2 damsels in the tank to help in the cycling. I put 40lbs of live rock, and like 3-4 lbs of sand from the lfs, and the tank would not cycle!! I put two pieces of shrimp in there, and the nitrates when from around 0 to about 10, lol. The rock was really dead too, so there was little to no die off. I also put the HOB filter from the nano on the tank, with alot of "cycle", and stress zyme in the tank so the damsels are safe. I just hope they will get some kinda cycle going though. My nano took around 3 weeks for the nitite to go away, but this tank is not getting any!?! Oh well good for me, lol. Here are some pics of the island set-up, before I start talking again,

Michael

Attached Files:

4. Dyngoe

Dyngoe Fire Worm

NICE MICHAEL! Not only do I like the layout, but I like the the plans you have. You have enough diferent levels for the different coral and you should have no problem making a nice current flow. I'm looking forward to how that will look in a few months. Good luck and do keep us posted.

5. Birchell

Birchell Gigas Clam

lol, thanks. Im gonna work on the right side pile, and Ill have another update. Im gonna order some fiji, or caribean for liveaquaria.com. Ive had really good luck with that place, so I figure Ill give them more buisness.

Michael