Aquascaping focal point

Discussion in 'The Planted Tank' started by Lady J, Sep 14, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Lady J

Lady J Peppermint Shrimp

Well, don't feel bad, vinnieb tried to explain to me how to do mulitiple quotes and I must have a rock stuck in my head because I'll be darned if I can get it to work. And then John quotes me and answers in red! HOW did he do that. ;D

I like the word cameramanship---could it also be camerawomanship? ;D

2. Click Here!

3. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

I think you have forgotten some of the most important rules with this tank.

Who is putting the tank together.
    What that individual wants in the tank.
    Who the is meant to enjoy the tank.
    Enjoy the process.

My suggestion is get the plants you want and then place them in the tank in a way that looks good to you. Make changes as you see fit. Place bright green plants behind your red ones to make them pop. Put different leave styles together so that there is visual variety. Also do the same with the different colors and their shades.

Enjoy other peoples tanks and incorporate the plants and looks you like best.

Make it your tank!!!!

4. Lady J

Lady J Peppermint Shrimp

John, this is the best input I've received---and you're right.

Originally I wanted a very simple set up, never realizing the light I chose was going to cause issues----> I now need fertilizers, carbon, etc. Being so new I didn't realize this in advance. Then I needed a mini ph to get the plants gently flowing. Then the flow was too much for my betta so the betta got moved. Moving him meant buying a new little tank although he was the main fish I wanted in my 30g. Now I need to buy a scale so as to measure the dry fertilizers. It's been snowballing and I've been getting VERY frustrated.

I tore my reef down because I wanted something simple and cost effective and obviously this hasn't happened. It's time to take a step back... Truthfully, I regret buying the t5 light but I have it and now need to work with it. I'm going to rescape my tank to my liking, get the ferts dosing figured out and then sit back and enjoy my tank. I'm a bit disappointed because this is what I originally wanted but that's not what happened.

Oh well...

Again, thanks for your input.