aquascapeing

Discussion in 'Live Rock' started by iceman, May 7, 2014.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. iceman

iceman Fire Worm

is it just me on is aquascapeing very frustrating. going to be setting up soon any ideas for my reef rockwork

2. Click Here!

3. RoloSaez

RoloSaez Millepora

If you are just now setting up you can use a wet saw to cut flat bottoms on your rock. use a concrete drill bit and zip tie pieces together. Hammer and chisel so rocks fit tightly together. I used a 4" grinder with a diamond cutting blade on my rocks.

4. oldfishkeeper

oldfishkeeper Giant Squid

I find aquascaping pretty difficult also. I am usually tweaking and moving my rock to see if I can make it look better. there are many on here that have awesome aquascapes. You may try to do a search and check out some.

5. DSC reef

DSC reef Giant Squid

I can't zip tie due to constantly changing my scape! Lol

6. Reef_Ninja

Reef_Ninja Spaghetti Worm

For me, I used rods and epoxy......pretty cheap IMO. $12 in epoxy and $3 for a fiberglass rod and I was able to scape my rocks exactly how I wanted, and they hold pretty tight........all you need is a drill and hacksaw.

7. civiccars2003

civiccars2003 Great Blue Whale

I just piled a bunch or rock on top of each other. No glue, no epoxy. My thinking is all rock will become encrusted with coral. No need to get complicated with scapes.

8. Click Here!

9. flynhawaiianz28

flynhawaiianz28 Purple Spiny Lobster

^^ +1 I just arrange the rock on top of each other and try and find some sort of fit for them. I like to change things around too much to use epoxy. It can be frustrating but I usually find an aquascape that I like. Just takes a little time and patience to make it work.

10. Scuba Ken

Scuba Ken Ritteri Anemone

I'm the same, pile them up (not to high) jiggle the rocks as u places them, they kind of find their right place.

11. kstafford003

kstafford003 Feather Star

Aquascaping can be as easy or difficult as you want. What type of design are you going for? If you have a larger tank I am a huge fan of negative space. A large pillar to the left and a small island on the right. Branching corals on both islands reaching towards one another.

12. DBOSHIBBY

DBOSHIBBY Sleeper Shark

best thing I did in my new tank was using fiberglass rods and drilling the rock. I can slide whatever piece on and off easily but the rods keep the structure very secure. epoxy is too permanent for me. If I want to switch things up I can pretty easily this way.