Aquascape Info

Discussion in 'Live Rock' started by dancin_trancy, Feb 15, 2006.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. RochNY25

RochNY25 Plankton

Dancin Trancy, I would go for a cave like layout with more rocks off the sand and glass. I just switched my tank from a center stacked layout and it is so much healthier, I get much better circulation and less algae now, my nitrates even went way down. I used my Tonga branch rocks and used them as a base and pretty much made my larger live rocks float on the tips of them, it looks very cool and there are still ton's of caves. I have 3 Tufa rocks in the middle still for support but now almost all the bottom is exposed so some light and alot more water flow. Either way, I don't do corals, but I notice it's so much easier to clean now, just think though if your corals or anenomes fall into that stack in the middle, that happened to me once and I had to dig. Such a pain when that happens. If you play around, I'm sure you can get a more open layout under the rock and still have places for corals. You do have a nice big chunk of rock now, just elevate that and it would be a great base for some things. Ok, that's all, I just wanted to say I had your design with a center stack, it looked good, but in the long run, it hurt my water quality and things would either die or go in and just never come out, now at least I can get things if I need to without tearing down a whole rock castle.

2. Click Here!

3. dancin_trancy

dancin_trancy Fire Worm

Wow, thanks for the suggestion...ya think I might look into that....I want to get some more rock and take out the synthetic corals....the bright colors are clashing with my real corals....and just need more anyway....but ya, what your describing sounds like a really good idea! Do you have any pics by chance of your tank, would love to take a look! Thanks again, Ill keep ya posted on how it goes!