Aquascape Ideas

Discussion in 'Live Rock' started by TheSaltwaterGuy, Nov 13, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. TheSaltwaterGuy

TheSaltwaterGuy Banned

Ahh well I'm just saying it might be pretty interesting. One more thing: where can i edit the thing thats under what i write? Sorry its vague but I mean like for example it says you have a 90 gallon tank with these fish and these inverts and these corals and then there might be a quote of some sort. What exactly is that???

2. Click Here!

3. Bloodkip

Bloodkip Ritteri Anemone

It's a sig, look to your right and click on Edit Signature.

4. TheSaltwaterGuy

TheSaltwaterGuy Banned

Oh ok cool thanks. Well It's 12am over here in NY so I'm hitting the sack. Again, thanks for the help guys

5. SushiGirl

SushiGirl Barracuda

That's what most people do, they pick a few pieces and supplement what they have for a different look.

6. johnmaloney

johnmaloney 3reef Sponsor

i dont know if anyone mentioned it, but craigslist is a great place to look. Most people don't label it Tonga rock in their ads, I would just look for older setups and see if they have pictures.

1 person likes this.
  7. TheSaltwaterGuy

TheSaltwaterGuy Banned

yeah craigslist was mentioned, but thanks anyway

8. Click Here!

9. Va Reef

Va Reef Giant Squid

sushigirl, ill take up your offer on nice rock, got an 8 gal with 9 pounds but i want alil more rock :) ill post a pic some time, i just got 2 peices of rock LOL

10. SushiGirl

SushiGirl Barracuda

Som3_reef3r, I'm not getting rid of any rock, but I sent you a PM on where to get some nice branchy looking stuff like what I got. Oh, the kind of rock I have is very light, so you get a lot more rock for your poundage, too!

TheSaltwaterGuy, how are you liking your new arrangement?

11. shecter

shecter Fire Shrimp

i have 2 pieces of that in my tank atm. i like the large piece i have but its extremely light and if someone was to go with all of that type of rock i think they would fill the tank to achieve the 1 lb 1 gal ratio and yes it can be scaped but like it was stated before they have to actually scape it not just place on the bottom

12. TheSaltwaterGuy

TheSaltwaterGuy Banned

I'm loving it! and just in time too, since I'm going to be adding a few corals, including a nice kenya tree! ;D