Aquascape Ideas

Discussion in 'Live Rock' started by TheSaltwaterGuy, Nov 13, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. TheSaltwaterGuy

TheSaltwaterGuy Banned

k well here are some pics. sorry about the smears, but keeping the glass clean is a pain. its a 29 gallon oceanic biocube.

Attached Files:

2. Click Here!

3. TheSaltwaterGuy

TheSaltwaterGuy Banned

Also I would add more rock but my dad won't let me; after all, I'm only 14. Tank's like 3 months old and it has really annoying red hair algae too. but anyway, what do you think? I see no good way to stack the rocks

4. Bloodkip

Bloodkip Ritteri Anemone

Put rock 1 and 3 together put space them out then put rock 2 on top of them. Put rock 5 in front of tank place rock 4 on the sides.

Attached Files:

5. TheSaltwaterGuy

TheSaltwaterGuy Banned

Well I see what you're getting at; let me try it out. My fish will probably be pissed off because its night time right now lol

6. TheSaltwaterGuy

TheSaltwaterGuy Banned

Actually i forgot to mention something; rock 3 is actually two rocks right next to each other; lemme take a pic

7. SushiGirl

SushiGirl Barracuda

I would leave the center rock where it is, move the bottom rock on the right closer to it (touching it) and a little forward, then I'd put the top rock on the left in the same kind of position on the opposite side (kind of a U shape).

The bottom rock on the left has a nice arch, if you could balance it with half the arch on top of one rock and half on the center rock without it being loose or falling of, it would look pretty cool. Barring that, the arch might fit over the top of one of the other rocks or you could make it the center rock, with the center of the arch over the sand. Then you could stack the top rock on the right on top of the U as well.

I just stacked in my new 15 pounds of rock today, the left side went great, the middle took a while, and the right side took forever to get pieces stacked & stable. It's not easy, but it can be done! Once you start doing it, you'll start to get a better feel for it.

8. Click Here!

9. SushiGirl

SushiGirl Barracuda

Oh, and wait till morning to do it, don't disturb your fishies sleep!!!

10. TheSaltwaterGuy

TheSaltwaterGuy Banned

ehh well they never really sleep completely; at least one of them is always moving around, mainly my algae blenny

11. Bloodkip

Bloodkip Ritteri Anemone

Move the rock that is next to 3. You want to make tunnels.

12. TheSaltwaterGuy

TheSaltwaterGuy Banned

here you go sir

Attached Files: