AquaPerfekt Photon Light now was $1999.99 now only $500

Discussion in 'Salty Supply' started by saltysupply, Jan 20, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. papareef

papareef Feather Duster

Looks like a great fixture for a nice price..how can this even be compared to odyssea ? I payed 850 canadian + 80 shipping for my Sfiligoi Stealth 8 x54 watt T5's and 2x 250 watt hqi.It still lists for 1650.00 and didn't include bulbs or the dual halide ballast.You get what you pay for,build quality is awesome..it's like a work of art..no regrets.Don't cheap out on lights or your skimmer.

2. Click Here!

3. chelseagrin

chelseagrin Fire Goby

really when i can grow anything i want with a 700 dollars led system (still quite pricey) i would not spend that kind of money on a energy sucking halide fixture.

4. papareef

papareef Feather Duster

Yes i understand that is still expensive,had it for almost a year now.A year ago,there wasn't so many nice led lights as there is now.I going to run my electricity sucking halides till they die..by then leds will be perfected.I've ran only T5's for years and years..this is my 1st halide..cut me some slack :p

1 person likes this.
  5. coylee_17

coylee_17 Fire Goby

They say $1000 below COST, not Retail price ;)

6. aquariaman

aquariaman Pajama Cardinal

Ohhhh! That makes more sense!

7. Jake

Jake Sea Dragon

I get a lot more satisfaction if I get good quality for a reasonable price. I had a Deltec MC600 skimmer for a while, but I have to say I like my current skimmer, an SWC 160 a lot more (and it was $150 less). The same logic can be applied to lighting... I think there is a reason Salty Supply has dropped the price so much.

8. Click Here!

9. chelseagrin

chelseagrin Fire Goby

yes, you get what you pay for too a point, im sure that has alot more features than alot of cheaper lights but im also sure it doesnt grow coral any better than a comparable fixture thats half the price. but that statement is true to an extent.