Aquaboy's tank thread.

Discussion in 'Show Off Your Fish Tanks!' started by aquaboy, Mar 15, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. aquaboy

aquaboy Panda Puffer

i know, *Bows head in shame* but new camara takes really good pics of tank! no movement blur!

2. Click Here!

3. cuttingras

cuttingras Starving Artist :)

Very nice Aquaboy.....pat yourself on the back, dude....lots of adults can't keep a tank that well!

4. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

i'm impressed. Very nice work!

5. aquaboy

aquaboy Panda Puffer

Thanks again!

Filtration: HOT magnum canister with Micron filter, Carbon is put in for one week each month. Coralife Superskimmer 65 running wet. 13 gallon bucket fuge/remote DSB (In Pic), 10 gal sump.

Lighting: 2X250watt mogul based 14000 kelvin halides running off a PFO dual 250 ballast.

Circulation: 900 GPH from oceanrunner 6500 on SCWD. Small pupm running overflow, about 100gph. And 600 gph return. Adding a Algae free maxi mod with 2000+ GPH 8) Flow.....

Livestock: Coral beauty, firefish, ocellaris clown, yellow tang, 2 bicolor chromis, coral banded shrimp, Large Sea Cuke, pajama cardinal.

Substrate: 70 pounds aragonite CC.

Rock: 30 pounds LR 50 pounds Base. With a large conch shell for coral banded to hide in.

Corals, Large 8" xenia, small 3" xenia (fragged from larger colony) <--- will trade for something if you really want it :p, blasto frag, green ricordia in middle of splitting. marbled mushroom in same pic as blasto frag in the hole.
    Large leather coral, nice piece of frogspawn, zoas, GSP's, hammer frag, Hitchhiker acans, and much, much more to come after my birthday, which is on easter this year, lol.

6. aquaboy

aquaboy Panda Puffer

[​IMG]

This is my DIY fuge/DSB. the PVC overhead is where lamp is hung and where water flows to the input, where it then flows over to the right and goes to sump. once i hooked this up, all cyano dissapeared :D.

7. aquaboy

aquaboy Panda Puffer

Oh and the floors a little messy cause of aquacaping job that was occurring ;)

8. Click Here!

9. baugherb

baugherb Giant Squid

Looks awesome man.... You rock....

10. aquaboy

aquaboy Panda Puffer

[​IMG]
    Chromis Pair

[​IMG]
    Marbled Shroom

[​IMG]
    And the xenia mom, bout 6-8" wide :D

11. lunatik_69

lunatik_69 Giant Squid

Woo Hoo More pics.........I love it....lol

12. aquaboy

aquaboy Panda Puffer

You can also see baby anemone coming out of clam shell in the first pic from my previous post :D