Aqua-C Remora Pro Setup

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by szaijan, Jun 21, 2004.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. szaijan

szaijan Astrea Snail

Hi Folks,

I just bought a Remora Pro protein skimmer from Aqua-C. I picked up the MaxiJet 1200 pump to go with it. It seems simple enough, but the directions are very poor and I am either missing a piece or simply can't figure it out.

The is a large grey tube that extends from the front of the unit into the water. It came with an attached 1/2" transparent piece of ID tubing and two clamps. I am assuming that the output of the MaxiJet is connected to that tube by the DI tubing and clamps.

However, there is also an elbow joint which comes out of the collection tray on the RHS of the unit which faces downward. It seems that this would spill excess detritus onto my carpet if not attached to something else. Does anyone know what this is for and what I need to connect it to?

2. Click Here!

3. szaijan

szaijan Astrea Snail

Thanks to anyone who was planning to answer. Aqua-C called back within 30 min. and let me know I had it set up correctly.

The elbow joint is for the purposes of draining off excess foam and either needs to be plugged or connected to a piece of 5/8" hose which will allow it to empty into a bucket. Apparently if you put uncured rock directly into the tank and have a large die off, the collection tray can overflow in 20 min. or so, making the bucket advisable when the tank is not in a steady state.

4. omard

omard Gnarly Old Codfish

Good job on getting the drain plug "option"...I made mistake of not doing so and had to go thru major "gyrations" :p - getting one in....

Really a must as the Remora is going to do a good job of pulling that "yuk" from your water.

Rgds,

Omar

5. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Sorry, been working... sounds like you got it going. Let me know if you have any more questions.. I have a Remora. :)