Aptasia problem Vs. CBS

Discussion in 'Inverts' started by LadyReef, Jan 23, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. arentspowell

arentspowell Skunk Shrimp

go to your LFS and ask if any of the peppermints have actually eaten Aptasia. My LFS had a bunch that actually ate Aptasia that they have seen them do so, so I bought two and now I have no Aptasia and they were all gone in less than a week.

1 person likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. LadyReef

LadyReef Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

Thanks, I called a few and apparently none of them have aiptasia so they can't verify. My favorite fish store is closed until Wednesday.

4. dnyce78

dnyce78 Astrea Snail

Send me your rock. I will feed those bastid's to my copperband. That dude is a BEAST. This is going to sound crazy but I actually BUY aptasia from people to put in my tank for him. Well I don't actually buy it, people seem willing to give it for free :). I tried both peppermints and berghia nudi's to little or no change. Then one day, my CBB decided he was going to eat aptasia. Haven't seen one since. I guess they're a bit too big for your tank though. I understand your frustration.

1 person likes this.
  5. mithelmit

mithelmit Astrea Snail

Have you tried or read up on the lemon juice concentrate method?

You need a needle and the concentrate, inject it into the the foot of the aptasia and it should retract (holding all of the juice inside) and will die off fairly quickly. If you have a large infestation I would say to just do a small section of the tank at a time to not change PH and turn it into salty lemonade :p

Just a thought...

1 person likes this.
  6. ducati 748

ducati 748 Astrea Snail

i got rid of my aptasia by injecting it in the middle with a small amount of scolding water,worked a treat,bye bye aptasia.

1 person likes this.
  7. LadyReef

lol! Definitely too big for my tank, but that's awesome for you!:) H has been Aiptasia-xing all week.

8. Click Here!

9. LadyReef

haha tank lemonade, I'm not daring enough for that!

When the Aip-x runs out, I will try this!

10. grinder37

grinder37 Whip-Lash Squid

That is exactly the way I treat for them,they never come back or spreads.I got a couple that came in on a zoa rock I bought right in the middle of the zoa colony and I took them out,just carefully targeted with a syringe,never harmed a zoa.