Aptasia problem Vs. CBS

Discussion in 'Inverts' started by LadyReef, Jan 23, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. LadyReef

LadyReef Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

I have 2 clown and a thumbnail sized cowfish, they aren't listed as aggressive, I don't think the ps would hide from them?

2. Click Here!

3. SushiGirl

SushiGirl Barracuda

Clowns are part of the damsel family, they can be aggressive. I had a damsel that used to harass a hermit crab that was the size of my fist LOL. The peps usually come out at night, and the clowns would be sleeping, so I wouldn't think it would be an issue.

4. LadyReef

I am researching them now, have you had any drawbacks so far? I wonder if my CBS would attack them..

5. fishyfinder

fishyfinder Teardrop Maxima Clam

I have had them for a week and around ten aipastia are gone. I have pistol shrimp and he doesn't bother them. I however would have no clue if the CBS would touch them. If you are looking for a quick fix this isn't the way to go. They are pricey as you can see, and they take a while to get the pest under control. I built a ten gallon also just full of aipastia for them to eat, when the DT aipastia are all gone. They have a very short life span also, only about a year.:-/

6. LadyReef

H & I read up on them for the past few hours thanks to your link, of course now he has it in his head that he is going to breed the pricey little buggars::).

Out of your 10, have you gotten eggs?

7. fishyfinder

Haha No problem! I thought the same thing! 8) They lay eggs in the cracks, so I wouldn't have a clue. I'll have to wait a few weeks to see if I see any babies crawling around. ;D

8. Click Here!

9. LadyReef

Oh god that would be adorable, ha. If we don't get any by then, I may just buy from you instead! I wonder if I could keep a pair in the sump.. and see if they breed in there.. less distractions? Hmm.

10. fishyfinder

You wouldn't have to buy any. By the time there are more and you need some. I'll just give you a few, just gotta pay shipping. haha maybe, the sump could work if your sump was filled with aipastia.

11. LadyReef

Thanks, that's awesome! I am sure they will find their way down there somehow. They are everywhere. H & I spent a good half hour yesterday and another today playing hunt the aiptasia. It's been a real blast...

12. LadyReef

And by hunt, I don't mean squeeze, oh lordy the mess we would make (don't they throw eggs when you pick at them?), I mean Aiptasia-X.