APC BX1500G Battery Backup Review

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by Matt Rogers, Aug 29, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. bje

bje Long-fin Bannerfish

i feel the same way about the fluval i was running on UPS backup. that thing has been rock solid since i got it. ran it four days straight on 3000KVA ups' with no issues as far as i can tell.

i have had a crappy CA aquatic pump die after that 4 day outage while running on the UPS, but i think this was coincidence as the pump was ~6 years old. i think it had more of a problem with the initial ~15 or so on/off power spikes we had before it finally went off for 4 days...

2. Click Here!

3. Gresham

Gresham Great Blue Whale

You could have saved some keystrokes and Googled this yourself, eh? You can lift a finger to learn, right?

4. Seano Hermano

Seano Hermano Giant Squid

Yes, I suppose I could. I just figured someone taking the time to knock on one kind of product over another would also have the time to explain why they feel that way rather than blatantly stating their opinion.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2011
  5. Seano Hermano

Thanks for the great review, Matt.

6. norg.

norg. Kole Tang

Very interesting. But considering the size of the tanks Im setting up this unit would do me no good. lol Id feel alot more comfortable with a generator personally.

7. Seano Hermano

I think this unit would be best for nano tanks. Any larger and it won't be worth the money. Though for your new "lab", I think a generator might be a good investment. haha :D

8. Click Here!

9. norg.

norg. Kole Tang

Haha. Definitely. My dad owns a 20 horsepower generator that I could run literally everything off of in my first system. He is getting another smaller one for work so I got dibs on it if the power is to go out or anything. So Im happy to be prepared.

10. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

I don't want to completely derail this thread but do gas generators go on if the power is cut or do you have to be there to turn it on?

matt

11. malac0da13

malac0da13 Torch Coral

Depends. You can have them hooked right up to do so...not sure how it works though. Or you can have it handy to manually start when needed and just plug stuff into it.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

12. norg.

norg. Kole Tang

Id have to turn it on. But thats really no big deal. Id just have to go to our garage and roll it into the backyard. lol Im really hoping there is no reason for me to have to use it though. The last time our power went out our basement filled with 4 inches of sewage.... I dont think a reef could handle that.