Anyone with car knowledge here?

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by norg., Mar 29, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. patrick824

patrick824 Montipora Digitata

yeah norg go for whatever makes you happy, we will be behind you on anything you do.

2. Click Here!

3. Dingo

Dingo Giant Squid

as far as easy interior... there is a TON of tiny things you can do that are real simple and super cheap to increase the appeal while people are riding (replace shifter knob, match random parts or fabrics to your exterior color, led lighting!) just google car interior for some ideas

On the exterior, check out new headlights and tail lights. In the pics it kinda looked like you already had HID headlights, if not, def start there (tons of appeal) Also check out something called angel eyes/ eagle eyes/ halos. they are mad cheap to make yourself and look sick!

4. Dingo

Dingo Giant Squid

btw im in the process of adding the LED audi R8 look to my headlights... if it turns out looking professional enough, ill keep it and pass on to you how i did it. If it looks like crap, im not too worried about the $5.18 that i spent on LED's from hong kong for the project haha

5. s10lowrider1994

s10lowrider1994 Feather Duster

Very good idea on the LEDs, its a cheap upgrade with tons of appeal. superbrightleds.com sells alot of stuff that we use for gauge clusters, interior lighting etc.

6. horkn

horkn Giant Squid

I am in full agreement.

s10, don't lump owners of "mainstream" cars together. I am sure if you lumped most pickup or vw drivers can be lumped together as well. the first part of your post was great, then i read the second half and the post went down hill quickly.

If you are a car guy, or a gearhead, there's always a project ahead to complete:)

7. horkn

horkn Giant Squid

Here is a pretty extensive list of all the body kits out there. There may be a few more, but to be honest, this one place carries more than I thought there would be.
    99-02 Mercury Cougar Body Kits at Andy's Auto Sport

I would seriously avoid anything too low, especially living in Wisconsin.

That low front bumper cover may look cool in summer, but you can use it to plow the driveway in winter.

8. Click Here!

9. veedubshafer

veedubshafer Banned

I don't own an ipod or white sunglasses but I do listen to country music and smoke cigars. Does this mean I have to sell my VW?

10. veedubshafer

veedubshafer Banned

Here are some pics of my GTI. Something a Cougar will never be. And never was intended to be. All work done by me. Paint and everything.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Oh, and I like camaros too. They just have to have 3000hp. Heres the family drag car:

[​IMG]

And can't forget my little beast of a cherokee which looks a little different now:

[​IMG]

11. Jim522

Jim522 Purple Spiny Lobster

I had no idea you had such a high performance race vehicle. Damn...high performance tail lights, 16" racing rims...You went all out, dude. Must be pushing close to 180hp. That thing must fly...What does it run in the 1/4? Low 18's? Awesome...

Yea, I don't like it so you should sell it and buy something better. Maybe something more "desirable". It doesn't matter whether you like it or not. I don't like it so get a different car.

1 person likes this.
  12. horkn

horkn Giant Squid

I don't see a lot different between the cougar and the gti personally.