Anyone with car knowledge here?

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by norg., Mar 29, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. patrick824

patrick824 Montipora Digitata

if your a metalhead... why in the world would you want 12"s? i would definitely go with 10s... they will hit your highs way better. i listen to a lot of metal and my 12s dont reach some of the double-overs and highs that the 10s i have installed do. every looked at kicker solobaric? i bet you change your mind about kicker then :)

2. Click Here!

3. norg.

norg. Kole Tang

Didnt think it was fair to be posting about car stuff without some pictures of what I was working with. Here you go if you guys were interested.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ignore the paint and the chips on my bumper in the last picture. My friend, well not really friend, aquaintance, thought it would be "funny" to hit me... Not funny at all.

4. norg.

norg. Kole Tang

I do listen to rap on occassion. I dig my bonethugs. Haha. So I think 12's might be okay. Ill look into the kicker solobarics though. Thanks for the suggestion. What 10's did you have installed. Im just doing research on alot of stuff now, so anything is fair game. Really appreciate all the help guys. Feel free to post your cars and sound systems too! I would love to see what everyone has.

5. patrick824

the solobaric L7s are off the hook. i have 2x12 kicker cvr's in my acura cl coupe and they slap like no other. last week i installed 1x10 cvr comp in my buddies mazda3 and it hit well but he decided to get only a 300w amp to power it so it was limited. whatever you do, stay away from polk and boston acoustic... many of their other products are great but i personally dont like their woofers. are you thinking a ported box or not because with metal IMO a closed box sounds smooth and blends well

6. oceanparadise1

oceanparadise1 Fire Squid

but it really is :) ive dont any thing for a pos to a brand new viper if your going off a factory system no its not easy but if your going off a after market deck then yes its very easy

7. oceanparadise1

If your a metal head forget what everyone has said and get 3-4 8inch jbl w7s......you will not regret it

8. Click Here!

9. patrick824

makes sense... 90% of my installs are factory deck

i would have suggested 8's, but knowing what music he likes... he needs some bump.

10. oceanparadise1

see i totally agree with on factoy install you need the converter and it sounds like butt any ways...with factory it gets tricky esp if you need to rewire bc of a bose system or monson....which you would have to rewire those any ways to put in an after marketdeck which isnt so much hard but you need to know what your doing or you cna mess it all up!

and if he likes metal 8s is the way if not tens...but L7s are nice but they suck with the fast bass they only hit the low hard bass

11. oceanparadise1

With advice like that how about you keep it to your self!

i hope everyone remebers this when you have a problem with your tank....my advice then will be get a new tank and start over::)

12. patrick824

yeah... i had a set up running 2x8 L7 (2 ohm) and 1x10 (4ohm) with the 10 in the middle if the box i made and the 8s tilted in on the sides of the box and it was the most wicked setup i have ever installed. the kid liked rock/metal/ punk... that kind of stuff and this system made it amazing. btw i ran the 8s on a bridged 800w and same with the 10 but it had its own 800w