Anyone with car knowledge here?

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by norg., Mar 29, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Night-Rida

Night-Rida Finback Whale

I'd get an intake that isnt a short ram.. probly still be sucking hot air from under the hood. get one that has a custom long tube.. like this one.. same brand just a real cold air intake.. get more sound and power out of this. imho

UPDATE: just noticed that picture they supply isnt actual part. part number is 22-454P which is same as short ram but with a P at the end. may be same part.. AEM is a good brand for ya. I use K&N but for my charger AIRRAID,AEM,& K&N are used most.

AEM Short Ram Intake - THMotorsports - Lowest Price Parts HKS Exhaust Apexi World Sport Koni Seibon Carbon Fiber ACT Exedy Clutch Skunk2

Last edited: Mar 30, 2010
  2. Click Here!

3. veedubshafer

veedubshafer Banned

First mod, get a different car.

4. norg.

norg. Kole Tang

Well, considering that my mini ocean is only 3gallons there isnt much room to expand. I will have a bigger set up when I move out. I have purchased around 30 different corals in the last year, so I have a big collection. I love my car and want to do what I can for it. Its not just about being fast, its about the joy you get out of working on it. Just like with our tanks.

Thanks. Looks cool too. This would be compatible with my car?

5. norg.

norg. Kole Tang

Im 17.... Its not that easy. I worked for what I have and Im happy with what I have gotten out of it. I like this car and I have no plans on selling it in the near future. Yes, something like a Civic would be much easier to mod, but I see those all the time. 1 in 5 cars at my school is a Civic. I want to be different. So if get a new car is all you have to say I would appreciate that you kept your advice to yourself. Thanks.

6. Night-Rida

Night-Rida Finback Whale

as along as its say 2002 cougar with v6 2.5 it will work. you can call 1800 number to verify. I would get this if I was in your shoes.. and for $150 bucks its a cheap mod from a known manufactur. you might get 5-10hp from it. but will make engine more throaty sounding.. which is a plus.. just for fyi..

my charger 5.7 comes with 350hp at crank. 285-290hp at rear wheel stock

added k&n cai
    catback exhaust
    180 thermostat - cooler engine puts out more power
    diablosport programmer - run 93+ octane, track I run 100 octane (extra hp)
    and had it dyno tuned..

now have 400hp crank and 330hp at rear wheel.

so after all that money only got a little hp, but sounds badazz and throttle responds is way meaner than stock.. also have to run 93 octane min. where before I could run 87. and my MPG went from 17/25hwy to 15/20hwy. so basicially if you want to play you got to pay. :)

get the CAI, and sound system. Alpine amps and recievers are my personally favorite.. best Clean sound out there. old school rockford fosgate subs too for deep bass.

7. Jim522

Jim522 Purple Spiny Lobster

Wow, great advice, man...

I'm sure norg is thrilled now that he knows exactly what to do for his next mod...

BTW veedubshafer, my dog has been a little sick lately. Any advice? Maybe put him down and get a different dog?

1 person likes this.
  8. Click Here!

9. Night-Rida

Night-Rida Finback Whale

[​IMG]

heres a picture of my k&n cai, note my red paint I did on engine bay :)

also note: the intake tube isnt metal and is black molded plastic as metal atracts heat. and the box around filter seals off once hood is closed to try to only sucking cold air from below unit not from engine bay..

1 person likes this.
  10. norg.

norg. Kole Tang

Thanks for the back up. I didnt know if it was just me that saw that as distastful.

Wow. That looks epic. Could we get a shot of the full car please? :)

11. horkn

horkn Giant Squid

There a re a lot of mods for the 2.5 liter duratec V6 that you have. Most mods are for SVT contours, but many will fit your cougar.

A CAI is a good place to start, so is a cat back.

I think Roush made a special version of the cougar. They might have some goodies still available, and if they do those are probably going to be a good deal as they deal mostly with mustangs. They might want to blow out any leftover inventory.

I searched roush's site, and there wasn't anything listed, but that does not mean they don't have anything. ;)

Here is an article about tuning the cougars of that era.
    http://www.torquecars.com/ford/cougar-tuning.php

12. norg.

norg. Kole Tang

Cool. Thanks. Ill look into that.