anyone tried the magnet cleaner?

Discussion in 'New To The Hobby' started by new2salt2, Mar 28, 2004.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. reefman_MC

reefman_MC Aiptasia Anemone

My favorite things are those big Kent scrapers. I do have a mag-float that I use on my smaller tanks. It works great.

2. Click Here!

3. Jason McKenzie

Jason McKenzie Super Moderator

I use Mag Flaot and Ket scraper. I need the Kent Scraper to get the Coraline off the glass. Plus if you miss a spot for a couple of days you need the scraper.
    Also I remove all my power heads every other week and clean the glass really well. I have actually scratched the glass with the blade of the kent scrapper

J

4. reefman_MC

reefman_MC Aiptasia Anemone

I only occasionally use the razor blade on my kent scraper. I normally use the hard plastic piece. Those Kent scrapers are kind of expensive for a scraper.

5. Phil5613

Phil5613 Purple Spiny Lobster

I use the Mag Float and the Penn Plax Wizard Pro. I used to rep Penn Plax and I have to tell you the Pro has 1 course head, 1 course corner head, 1 soft sponge and a scraper blade all with an aluminum extention handle it is my favorite tool and I recomend them to everyone. It works better then any other Handle scraper out there and can be used on glass or acrlic. The handle is 20 inches long so it goes pretty deep but also compacts for easier use on top.

Attached Files:

6. Phil5613

7. new2salt2

new2salt2 Fire Shrimp

i have a handle type scrubber, but get lots of splashing and bad angles.. i like the idea of the magnet. ill purchase me one soon since they so well liked on this board.

8. Click Here!

9. aic007

aic007 Astrea Snail

Yeah,

Pretty good, it doesn't so much pick up the stuff off the walls as it kick it back off into the water, but then if you are running a skimmer that should help skim it out. It's good to have for the few bucks they cost, just make sure that if you have and acrylic tank get the one made for it. Also make sure if you use it on an acrylic to try to not get any substrate or anything abrassive trapped in between the plastic and magnet as it will scratch the hell out of the tank.

10. gamma

gamma Spaghetti Worm

so has anyone used the magnet cleaner versions for the acrylic tanks?

11. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

I haven't but you should try one and report back, they are pretty cheap.

I gotta say I am pleasantly surprised. After reading this, when I was in the lfs yesterday, I picked up one. They were out of Mag Floats and didn't have the Tunze one, so I got a black skinny and long rectangular Hagen model.

It works really well!! My glass hasn't looked this good in a long time. I am kinda shocked. I didn't think I would like it. :eek:

12. Phil5613

I use the acrylic one on my maintenance accounts and it works well just keep substrate out when near the bottom