Anyone have an extra MJ 1200?

Discussion in 'RARS' started by PackLeader, Aug 31, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. steve wright

steve wright Super Moderator

that sounds ideal Packleader

hopefully someone close to you can hook you up in the time thats left

Steve

2. Click Here!

3. jkat21

jkat21 Bangghai Cardinal

Dam if you lived just a little closer lol(got 2 just sittin here)..but at least this should "bump" you back up...good luck pack..

4. vegasfish

vegasfish Feather Star

Pack I have a korilla 3 or 4 that has never been used. I'll check the size in the morning. I can ship it out to you next day air from Vegas. All I ask is that you ship it back on the slow train when done. Let me know if that will work to get you by.

1 person likes this.
  5. PackLeader

PackLeader Giant Squid

I was able to find one today!
    Thanks for the offer though anyways vegas, it's greatly appreciated.

6. cement_skis

cement_skis Sea Dragon

Right on, I was going to offer up spare parts (as I don't have a complete MJ1200) but it looks like you are good to go. Out of curiosity though, how do you like those mod kits for the MJ? Do they run pretty good on a wavemaker (which WM BTW?) and how bulky are they?

7. PackLeader

PackLeader Giant Squid

Sorry I missed this while on holiday!
    I love the MJ mods!
    They are no bulkier that the koralias. Its a trade off kinda. Now, the actual powerhead itself is smaller than the koralia 3's I have. By a good margin too. But, the bracket sticks upwards, off centered. Overall, I would say they are even. But the flow of the mod kit (1600GPH-2100GPH) far exceeds Koralias.
    I have them tied to a simple JBJ dual wave maker. $50 bucks brand new. And its awesome. I cant rave about it enough! :D The MJ's are silent with the 1600GPH prop, even with the wave maker. A little noisy with the 2100GPH prop, but remember, my tank is in my bedroom, so your opinion may vary. But the root of that too is 2100 is too much anyways. I think people get overboard with power heads and go too much in a single one. I can say 2100GPH is WAY too much flow from a single power head for my tank, and it's 7' long. So, that tells you the general consensus ;)
    If your are local, you are more than welcome to come check it out at any time ;)

8. Click Here!

9. oceanparadise1

oceanparadise1 Fire Squid

haha pack thats funny bc i have a mj1200 with the 2100gph mod in my 55 frag tank and its only 4 foot lol i love it for the fact its the only one i need, i also love the mods i run 4 on my 180, glad to know about the wave maker im going to have to go get one now

10. pgoodsell

pgoodsell Horrid Stonefish

Wow, sorry I missed this thread, I have a mj 1200 off my old back pack skimmer just collecting dust, could have run it out to ya. If you still want it its yours. :)

11. cement_skis

cement_skis Sea Dragon

Thanks for the invite. I don't go to Reno all that often, but if I ever find myself wandering around that way, Ill pick you up on your offer.:)