Anyone feeling the effect of gas prices.

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by scenario1313, Sep 12, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. geekdafied

geekdafied 3reef Sponsor

I upgraded the fuel injectors and added a k&n cold air induction with a cat back system and my MPG went from 22 to 28 hwy, 18 to 23 city(mostly), but I did take to a shop and get the computer reprogrammed for the mod's. I also have the 4.2 I6. Check out TrailVoy.com, a website dedicated to trail blazers and envoy's, also all the other GM knocks of that body style.

2. Click Here!

3. studlylilmouse

studlylilmouse Astrea Snail

i just paid 3.63 today at arco. Deffinatly different for me to here other parts of country are soo much higher than here in san diego. we have been one of the highest for a long time. it does suck for everyone. i have a 03 silverado, large tank digs deep in wallet

4. Fish Fan

Fish Fan Fire Worm

I too have the k & n, just the filter though. The MPG is ok. Not real keen on messing with the computer.

5. geekdafied

geekdafied 3reef Sponsor

I had it done by a professional. If you upgrade anything, you will not benefit from it very much with upgrading the computer. The computer is set to put out X amount of fuel for any given situation with X anount of air calculated into that. If you modifiy any aspect of it, the computer doesnt recognize it because it is not programmed for that. It still puts out the original amount as it was programmed for. So when adding cold air induction to force cooler air into the motor at a higher volume, you're really making it run to lean as a result so you sacrifice horsepower and torque as a result without reprogramming it.

6. IBMGeek

IBMGeek Montipora Digitata

Good thing I crashed my car a few months ago, now I can freeload off friends and have somewhat of a valid excuse :cheesy: Just kidding, I give them some money to help out with gas. ::) And now the car I want is turbo and requires 91 oct, so im reconsidering car choices.

7. yeager003

yeager003 Bristle Worm

I went out and bought a motorcycle in July it has saved me about $200 in gas so far. I havent touched my nissan pathfinder more than a few times in the last 2 months. It basically just makes it so i can drive up to go skiing in the winter. Hopefully it is a mild one here in denver and ugly in the mountains. It would be nice to ride the motorcycle to work during the winter. Gas here was at 3.55 today. When I turned 16 in 1999 gas was at 1.40 to 1.75 or so. My dad is an exploration geologist and there is still enough barrels of oil under A.N.W.A.R in alaska to tide the us over for 25 to 40 years. Damn greenies wont let us go get it. Why not it is tundra and the caribou can migrate around and between a few hundred oil rigs 200 acres or so out of millions.