Anyone feeling the effect of gas prices.

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by scenario1313, Sep 12, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. morau89

morau89 Fire Shrimp

i would sell my car if i lived in england.

2. Click Here!

3. PharmrJohn

PharmrJohn The Dude

Yup, we're just starting to pay what Europe has been paying for years if I am not mistaken. We, up until now, have been pretty spoiled. Too bad it has to happen so fast. Gradual increases are fine. No problem. But this thing is getting really weird. I cannot even pretend to understand what is happening.

4. {Nano}Reefer

{Nano}Reefer Dragon Wrasse

i thought these high gas prices where from hurricane Ike?? something about it damaging some oil whells or somethin...

5. Tundraburg

Tundraburg Bristle Worm

well just today, I put regular at 3.75 and about 30 minutes later (not kidding) it went up to 3.89...Down here many of the local gas stations have jumped 0.30 cents in the past day or so.

6. cuttingras

cuttingras Starving Artist :)

my gas usually lasts me a month if I stay in town, but if I have to drive back to ATL, it'll be 3/4 tank there 3/4 back...my bro did the hydrogen conversion on his car, next is our mom's then MINE! Looks like I'm gonna have to up the mileage fee I charge for having to drive my own vehicle! Took my car when I bought it in 02, 13.00 to fill it up. Filled it last night and it cost 50 bucks!:-/

7. Jonny Reb

Jonny Reb Plankton

I drive a diesel truck everyday let me tell you it kills me to have to hang up the pump re-swipe my card because them dumb think stops at $75 bucks and that is only a few gallons.

8. Click Here!

9. cuttingras

I know, my hubby has an F250 super duty diesel and he wants to get rid of it, cause he can't make any money off it anymore. I say, raise your rates. gotta get it somehow!

10. reef_guru

reef_guru Humpback Whale

the domino effect is going to change the way americans live. ive seen more motorcycles and mopeds this year on the road than ever before. the rail system is going to have to be improved since more people are traveling that way. average everyday businesses are going to shutdown, only the large bussinesses are going to survive along with the needed small businesses. the crime rate will go up. and i wouldnt doubt there will be more domestics within households due to people staying home more and the financial strain. welcome to the new way of living. hopefully people are able to change to the new way of living, if not there is going to be havoc.

11. cuttingras

RG, I don't know about where you live but here in the south, the small towns are drying up. I've always said that gas needs to go up to about 7 bucks a gallon then people will stay home more and shop locally which they don't now. Our town's main street, is made up of a few antique stores, two restaurants, and a few offices, like the cable company and loan stores and there are about as many occupied stores as there are empty. If it did go up that high maybe we'd see people shopping "downtown" and not driving 1 hour to Augusta. This used to be booming town, with stores staying open until 9pm. Now you're lucky if you see one open past 5. It's sad to hear the stories of how this town prospered and now is below poverty level. I've seen a few more scooters, but not many. They let you drive golf carts here and people aren't taking advantage of it, not sure why. I guess they gotta have their a/c and they don't know how to bring a brush with them. My transformer went out yesterday(2 year old system, that hubby and I put in), we think it was lightning. So no a/c for me, and it's gonna be 95 today. I've got fans and frozen water bottles for the tank and you know what? I'll live!

12. conjuay

conjuay Feather Duster

...And China or India would walk up behind us and offer to buy it at 22 bucks a barrel...;)