Anyone feeling the effect of gas prices.

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by scenario1313, Sep 12, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. JohnFritts

JohnFritts Peppermint Shrimp

On my way to work, I noticed that gas was at 3.43 ... When I went to lunch, the same station was at 3.75 .. At 8pm CDT, when I got off work, that same gas station was 3.99 .

I watched the news tonight and they are saying that our Gov. put a special law into effect for 30 days which states that a 20% change in gas prices would be constituted as price gouging and the state would punch them to the fullest extent.......

We will see....

(thank god I filled up on Wednesday, bad news is that I'll need to fill up again on Monday...)

2. Click Here!

3. schackmel

schackmel Giant Squid

This is what makes me mad.....:furious2: today was driving past a gas station, and noticed there were police directing traffic into it....a line of cars that would probably take an hour or more to get in. Wondered what in the world was going on....somehow they had a special on gas where it was $1.68/gallon:eek:. Everyplace else is 3.78 +.

Now, I know that this is a promotion....but come on! If a station (honestly dont know what station..think it was a Hucks) can lower their price that much, even for a very short time, then it tells you how much they are overcharging.

When the Gulf War started the arguement was that we rely too much on foreign oil and this is why the gas went up.......NOW, that the hurricane has come and struck our oil rigs all the sudden there is not enough gas and prices are shooting through the roof.

We do not have a limit yet on our gas....however I went to 2 QT's that were out of regular and middle unleaded gas, they did of course have SUPER UNLEADED!

when the gas started to rise again this time the hurricane had not struck land...now granted I know that this is a massive event and there is going to be massive damage to our rigs, but.....

However as long as our government is going to continue to allow oil companies to make unGodly profits and raise gas prices whenever they please, there really is nothing we can do!

I have a real, real rough commute in the morning! I have to travel all the way from my bedroom to my office across the hall! I am fortunate enough to have gotten a job where I can work at home..started right before the gas prices really started to rise last year!:drive:

4. JohnFritts

JohnFritts Peppermint Shrimp

I stopped at a Kum & Go last night and asked them how they have such low prices when everyone else is like 90cents higher than they are... she stated:

"It's simple, we have our own distribution trucks and we get gas every other day. The other places are all buying from the same company and that company is limiting how much gas they will get in the next few days.."

kinda crazy, but what ever... Murphy's Oil (90% of the gas stations at walmarts) don't even get to do their own prices. Murphy's Corp office uses electronic displays which set the price to what ever they want... anywho..

I had to drive 90mph to get to work on time this morning cause the wife and I stayed up late watching the hurricane strike Texas.... Now I gotta get gas. :(

5. MTips18

MTips18 Purple Spiny Lobster

gas is crazy! our country only produces 3 percent of the worlds oil and yet we still haven't figured out an alternative if you have ever seen the show future car you will see that all the alternatives have been figured out its the car company's and the oil company's to blame we should just start making alternative fuel cars and be done with gas for cars it would eliminate so many problems plus we wouldn't have to worry about emissions nearly as much and its a green alternative just my two cents

6. ReefSparky

ReefSparky Super Moderator

Without getting into politics, if that's possible, we need leadership who would embrace the eventual outcome of this all. The outcome is that one day we will be "off" oil. We have the power to make that day sooner than later. Unfortunately it's the priority of many in office to satisfy outreached palms first.

Fuel cell technology is the ultimate catch 22. The technology exists to put hydrogen-powered cars on the roads NOW. How cool to burn water and make mist as exhaust!! However, the infrastructure to support these vehicles would cost about as much as a few thousand high-tech bombers at several Billion apiece.

It could be done, but it would take not only cooperation and sacrafice, or put differently, financial loss to those who's agenda doesn't consider such foolishness. It would force those in power to turn their backs on the financial backers who put them there.

Net result--ain't gonna happen tomorrow. :( And that's a shame.

7. wareagle35031

wareagle35031 Bubble Tip Anemone

At the risk of pissing someone off here is my theroy on a way to fix the $4.00 a gallon gas is for 1. Open up the oil wells in Alaska, temporarily, ( the polar bears can walk around them for a few weeks),2. Kuwait, a very oil rich company owes us, we pulled Saddam Hussein off of them in the 1990's, they owe us a break on this stuff for a little while, wouldnt cha think? 3. Offer all the foriegn countries, Dubai, Saudia Arabia, So on and so forth 20 dollars a barrel for their oil, take it or leave it.

As the #1 user of oil, the U.S. not using foreign oil for about a week would have the stuff pilled up everywhere, I bet the price would bottom out then.

JUST MY OPINION,

8. Click Here!

9. morau89

morau89 Fire Shrimp

Almost 4.00 a gallon where i am. I drive like a grandma trying to save gas and money. Hopefully i will be getting a bike pretty soon.

10. R34dawn

R34dawn Ocellaris Clown

You all want to be controversial fine!!! how many times do we complaint about gas prices before? how many times do we said that the property taxes are outrageous? The truth of
    the matter is we are just blowing steam, has any one thought about a way to stop it? nope, I don't think so! maybe if we take a stand and don't buy it for some time!?! Ok I hear you we need to go to work!!! Who said that? don't you stay home while sick? think about it, they KNOW you will buy their products whether you like their prices or not, you got to have it!! grow a garden so you have your own food in the back yard, cut down the use of electric appliances, don't use so much water, don't go any where unnecessarily, where it require to drive, if you can ride a bicycle to work do it, and if you can't? just don't go...lol and if more people do this they would have to do something about it, nobody is putting a gun to our heads to buy their junk, we just got to have it
    well enough said, and I haven't said really what I think of this whole situation, is no more than a scam, to know how much we are willing to pay for gas.
    we just got to have it!!!

1 person likes this.
  11. reef_guru

reef_guru Humpback Whale

if you think we have it bad here, england is paying around $7-9. that region has always had higher gas prices than us.

12. R34dawn

R34dawn Ocellaris Clown

There ya go! good point!