Anyone feeling the effect of gas prices.

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by scenario1313, Sep 12, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. lunatik_69

lunatik_69 Giant Squid

This is a free country, free to pay $6. per gal, free to pay high taxes, free to pay social sec. and not receive it when its your turn to retire, free to leave your arm, leg and one testicle at the door of the hospital when you only went in for a check up. This is the land of the free, you just didnt read the fine print. Luna

2. Click Here!

3. PharmrJohn

PharmrJohn The Dude

Dude. 70 hours a week? That's insane. I complain when I go over 40. My brain goes numb. I suppose I could do maybe 50 to 60 for a short span of time in a slow pharmacy, but a busy one. No chance.

4. wareagle35031

wareagle35031 Bubble Tip Anemone

LMMFAO I hear ya, but what cha gonna do, no one is gonna help fix this great land of ours, and dont get me wrong, IT IS A GREAT LAND, but it has its problems.

5. {Nano}Reefer

{Nano}Reefer Dragon Wrasse

WOW :eek::eek::eek::eek: i am so glad i dont own a vehicle ;D some of these prices make me sick, although i think the higher gas prices have opted many people to start using alternative sources of transportation...which isnt such a bad thing after all :)

6. scenario1313

scenario1313 Tassled File Fish

You got that right! Couldn't have said it better my self.

Yes it is crazy and I am so tired but you gotta do what you gotta do. My brains numb and body hurts. Went from 5 10 hour days to 6 and now 7 10 hour days. At least I get paid by the hour and not salary.

1 person likes this.
  7. surfrgirl61187

surfrgirl61187 Skunk Shrimp

Hear in Washington state (Ellensburg, eastern WA) gas is at 3.90 and that was yesterday I'm not sure what it is today... Good thing I traded in my truck for something a little more fuel efficient.. Our high was about 1 month ago at 4.10 a gal.. Hopefully we wont see that again.. but i doubt it because just last week it was 3.80 and now its back up to almost 4... yukkie.... Good thing me and my husband are students who live right across the street from campus so we dont do much driving... And this is a very small town so what ever we need (except for salt water tank stuff) is right around the corner... One reason why I dont think gas is going down is because oil companies are making way to much from us its ridiculous... so why would they take a hit??? Its not like its coming out of their wallet.. It's so frustrating!!! I really hope who ever becomes our next president can help us get a hold of this...

8. Click Here!

9. PharmrJohn

PharmrJohn The Dude

Hey, where is a good LFS in Ellensburg? Is there one less than an hour away? Or do you have to drive to Yakima?

10. Av8Bluewater

Av8Bluewater Giant Squid

I'm just glad the price a barrel has gone down.
    I work for the airlines and it was killing us.

11. surfrgirl61187

surfrgirl61187 Skunk Shrimp

Well for a good one we have to go to either Seattle area or to the Tri-cities whom only has 2 fish stores:(... Yakima only has a petco and a really crappy fish store where the lady rips people off by giving them wrong information:angry:.. So usually we have to drive about 2 hrs or more away.. That is why our tank is bare for now... We have ordered from online a few times... but I like to see the fish that before I buy it...;D It sucks living in such a small town that is so far away from everything...:-/ But we manage...

12. ReefSparky

ReefSparky Super Moderator

That's funny, John. You and I are two years apart. I have a childhood recollection of a situation where after losing the argument and having to sit in the back, again, while my big sister sat in the front, my mother passed a gas station and said, ".44 cents a gallon? They can kiss my azz," and she drove to the next station.

When I tell that story to my younger friends, they get a kick out of it. :)