Anyone feeling the effect of gas prices.

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by scenario1313, Sep 12, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. lillys Grandad

lillys Grandad Horrid Stonefish

Heres my thought............
    [​IMG]

: )

2. Click Here!

3. diggardens

diggardens Feather Duster

Here in Charleston,WV it is $3.99. I have a job interview, tomorrow of all days. With gas and my last grocery bill I have to do something. Not willing to sell the tank system but I haven't been able to add anything for several months.

4. trent51593

trent51593 Coral Banded Shrimp

Im in the same boat. Gas here in Central Ohio is around 3.79 no limit that i know of and with the economy the way it is went from 55 hrs a week to 40 so thats hurtin A LOT.

5. lunatik_69

lunatik_69 Giant Squid

The cheapest that I've seen it today was $3.72 This Gas situtation is getting old, real old!!! Luna

6. jimw369

jimw369 Fire Shrimp

Marietta GA it was at 4.89 at 5:30 pm and that was at stations that still had any. I filled my vehicles and 30 gal in gas cans this am for 3.49. Good for a week or 2.

Today is a bad day for most but for a few I think it was a really good day:angry:

7. PharmrJohn

PharmrJohn The Dude

Regular is about $3.65/g here. When it was in the mid $4, I started to see a difference. But I drive a 1977 POS Chevy 1/2 ton with a 305 V8. It is yellow. It gets about 10 miles to the gallon. It has two 20g gas tanks. My commute is one mile. I am living the good life here.

8. Click Here!

9. wareagle35031

wareagle35031 Bubble Tip Anemone

Bought it for 3.59 yesterday( expecting if they had a reason it would jump) and saw it today for 4.65 per gallon. WTF it hasnt even hit yet. Jesus, this is old, I remember not that many years ago 1.25 gas, what ever happened to that? They are driving us into a depression!!!!!!!!! Good thing i'm a hillbilly, I can survive. LOL

10. scenario1313

scenario1313 Tassled File Fish

You are right there my friend bad day for us and not going to get any better any time soon. At least I can say my job has picked up a lot. Went from 50 hours a week to 70 hours a week and that is mandatory. But looks like I need the bread anyway and can't complain about not having work. What make it bad is the billionaire and trillionaire companies in a time of crisis sock it to the poor man. Are we really sure this is a free country or just getting controlled by the MAN.

11. PharmrJohn

PharmrJohn The Dude

My earliest recollection is 48 cents a gallon at the local Astro station. I was very young. My Dad was actually complaining about the gas prices as we drove by. That Astro was always the cheapest around.

12. wareagle35031

wareagle35031 Bubble Tip Anemone

Yes but I mean just a few years ago, bout 8 I guess it was, it was just a little over a buck a gallon, but now that seems like a pipe dream.