ANYONE EVER see fungia like this? Than tell me what kind it is!

Discussion in 'ID This!' started by Kevin3884, Jan 12, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Kevin3884

Kevin3884 Tassled File Fish

New Camera = New Pictures

So I went out last night and bought a brand new digital camera because I was tired of using my wife's..lol I bought a $400 Canon PowerShot...so here are some new pics of the fungia off of it..

Attached Files:

1 person likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

4. Kevin3884

Kevin3884 Tassled File Fish

couple more

Attached Files:

5. stylaster

stylaster Gigas Clam

still look just like mine, except i have about 40 of them lol, they are nice and they grow fast!

6. swagger87

swagger87 Zoanthid

Just so there's no more confusion
    Aiptasia/Glass Anemone:
    [​IMG]
    Majano Anemone:
    [​IMG]
    "NeighborTom" Fungia Plate Coral:
    [​IMG]
    Other than each having tentacles and being little round fleshy saltwater inhabitants, I dont see the resemblance.

1 person likes this.
  7. exoticsteve2001

exoticsteve2001 Feather Duster

Still havent taken the pics to wet web media?But you are more than willing to bust my chops.I dont think I like the people here.Tell me how to delete my account.

8. Click Here!

9. swagger87

swagger87 Zoanthid

I personally wasn't trying to "Bust your chops" by any means:-/. There have been a few aiptasia/majano IDs for this particular thread. I simply just posted pics so all could see the difference in the three species. :)
    As for deleting your account, its not necessary. Its unfortunate that you feel that way, no one should have to feel like that:-[. Care to PM me and talk about it? Id like to help.;)

10. exoticsteve2001

exoticsteve2001 Feather Duster

I made the aiptasia type Id...I dont say something unless I know.If I'm proved to make a mistake or wrong Then I will apologise for my mistake. I was told when I wanted to buy one of those it was a type of aiptasia.Nobody has proved me wrong.But more than willing to bust chops.I think you just dont want to know the truth.

11. swagger87

swagger87 Zoanthid

No one is trying to upset you. There were one or two others that said either aiptasia or majano.
    And there's no need to apologize for a possibly wrong ID, that what this forum is here for. To guess as to what a critter is. No one can be 100% sure all of the time, its just fun to look and guess. Usually when one gets a general consensus as to what their unknown item is, that is the concluded ID.
    Is it possible for you to find a link/site that could show us the many different species of Aiptasia that you speak of? That would be interesting to see as I've only seen the basic everyday aiptasia. I for one would enjoy learning about a more colorful/beautiful species as you have witnessed.

12. Screwtape

Screwtape Tonozukai Fairy Wrasse

Don't take it personally when people have a different opinion than you. Everyone's just sharing their opinions, that's what forums are for.

I also happen to disagree that it is an aiptasia. It looks more like a fungia to me personally.