ANYONE EVER see fungia like this? Than tell me what kind it is!

Discussion in 'ID This!' started by Kevin3884, Jan 12, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. stylaster

stylaster Gigas Clam

as for fraggin they will pop off their stalk on their own, then a new one will grow in it's place. Just as an fyi not really rare, i sell my for 10.00 each and they are about the size of a 50 cent piece when i sell them

2. Click Here!

3. Kevin3884

Kevin3884 Tassled File Fish

mine doesnt look anything like the ones u posted pics of though...no offense...

4. stylaster

stylaster Gigas Clam

maybe not the best pic, but mine look identical, green stripes orange mouth
    here is a closer image, looks the same to me
    [​IMG]

5. Screwtape

Screwtape Tonozukai Fairy Wrasse

Nice looking baby fungia you have there.

To clear up any confusion etc you could photograph it in a less blue light (even the sand is blue/purple in the picture) and you will be able to dispell most dissent over "photoshop". Not trying to belittle it at all, but it's just a fact of life that people will doubt the color of the coral until there is a more neutral picture of it displayed. Especially if you're actually considering fragging it, if you take it out of your tank into another tank and it's a regular brown fungia, good luck getting rid of it.

It's kind of the difference between a black light poster and a regular piece of artwork. Some people like the black light posters for what they are and a lot of people will just dismiss them as a novelty and would rather have a "real" work of art.

Again, not trying to dissuade you or take anything away, just trying to add a little bit to temper the absolute enthusiasm of the thread so far. :)

Particularly as far as fragging them, which a lot of people have tried and not many people have been satisfied with the results from what I've heard and read, there are lots of half-moon and misshapen fungia out there, I think.

Good luck, and enjoy your coral! I hope you enjoy it for what it is in your tank and don't get caught up in the coral hype. ;D

6. stylaster

stylaster Gigas Clam

pm replied i am checking that out now :)

7. Kevin3884

Those are my normal lights...I have aquablues and blue+...i took 3 new pics tonight of it...this time i left the flash on in 2 of the pics..the flash kinda draws some of the color away but i think it still is pretty stunning..

8. Click Here!

9. Kevin3884

here are the pics I took tonight..first one is no flash under normal lighting, 2nd and third are with a flash so it makes the bright pink mouth look white

Attached Files:

10. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

can i have it :p i want it sooooo pretty still very jealous

11. Kevin3884

maybe once it breaks off and has a baby in its place...u can send me that firefish of urs as trade..lol

12. Kevin3884

it def. is the best neighbortom fungia I've personally ever seen..lol