anyone else get this way?

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by oldfishkeeper, Dec 15, 2015.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Piano10

Piano10 Aiptasia Anemone

Definitely not alone. I've had tanks for 10+yrs on and off.

I have health issues and at times I haven't tested my tank only doing water changes. I have let things go. Its been a mnth since I last tested.
    I myself have contemplated shutting down because although I do enjoy my tank and doing wc isn't a big deal I hate testing, I hate having issues like algae breakouts because I can't always deal with them properly. It does create issues with traveling...even over night.

The thought of shutting down bothers me due to the money invested and the love of the reef but then I sit there and think I could have no worries, no stress, no limits. So I totally understand and I've only had the tank 6mnths!

chum and DSC reef like this.
  2. Click Here!

3. Va Reef

Va Reef Giant Squid

I agree with buying something. Usually when I get a new piece of coral or a fish or equipment it kind of sparks more interest.

Like everyone has said we all go through it. If you make it through it your tank will usually end up being beautiful so you have that to look forward to too.

chum and DSC reef like this.
  4. mikejrice

mikejrice 3reef Affiliate

Taking some time off from your reef is something we all need from time to time. Focus on the things your tank needs for now and skip things that it doesn't. When you're ready to get back in there, your coral will be even bigger hiding behind dirty glass.

5. oldfishkeeper

oldfishkeeper Giant Squid

thank you all for the responses! Love the suggestions and the input. I have winter break starting today - so I will have some time to do a hefty cleaning and I'm hoping once I clean it, to purchase a new fish and a piece of coral (as gifts to myself lol) - it's always good to know you're not alone when things go awry (sp).

DSC reef likes this.