Anybody has personal experience with Odyssea fixtures?

Discussion in 'T5 Aquarium Lighting' started by alvintran, Nov 18, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. alvintran

alvintran Plankton

If so, what is your experience?

I have a 48" quad t5 fixture from them myself for about a month on my planted tank and it's doing fine. Don't know what all the fuzz about them is about.

So who else has actual experience with them? No matter good or bad?

2. Click Here!

3. Mr. Bill

Mr. Bill Native Floridian

I don't have personal experience, but I've read quite a bit. In their infancy, Odyssea had a common issue of shorting and causing fires. That problem, however, has long since been resolved. But like anything else in this hobby, once something gains a bad reputation, whether or not it was even deserved, it sticks for a long, long time.

4. mikekx65

mikekx65 Skunk Shrimp

I opted for a oddsea fixture because of the price. $80 bucks on eBay for a 36" 4 bulb setup. It came with 2 10k white bulbs and 2 antanic bulbs it also has 4 led blue moonlight bulbs in in. I've had it for 2 months now and I've had zero problems with it.

5. NittyGritty

NittyGritty Millepora

I'll help make this simple. I started in the hobby like most and on a budget and purchased this brand as lighting. You get what you pay for.

6. Pdxile

Pdxile Coral Banded Shrimp

The cheap often turns out to be the most expensive.

7. mikekx65

mikekx65 Skunk Shrimp

Well until I have a problem with these lights I still give them good feedback. Because I've had zero problems with them.